Press release -
Orio acquires all the supplier-based Nevs tools for production of spare parts for Saab cars
Orio AB, formerly Saab Automobile Parts AB, has signed a contract with Nevs and has acquired all the tools located at suppliers and used for producing Saab Original spare parts for all existing Saab models. This secures that Orio can ensure the long-term availability of Saab Original spare parts for all Saab cars globally.
"This is a strategically important acquisition which safeguards the production of Saab Original spare parts in the long term and ensures that we maintain our position as the sole supplier of the entire range of original parts for Saab cars. Saab owners, workshops and other customers all over the world are now guaranteed a supply of spare parts well into the future," says Jonas Tegström, CEO of Orio AB.
The purchase includes 12,500 tools for manufacturing of spare parts for all existing Saab models. Orio previously had the right to use the tools, but has now taken over full ownership. The tools are located with the suppliers which produce Saab Original parts. The suppliers have been informed about the change of ownership and production of spare parts will continue as normal. Nevs and Orio AB already have a cooperation agreement concerning the distribution and support for cars produced by Nevs. Nevs will still be able to use the tools to manufacture parts for its production of the Saab 9-3 and other future models.
"Saab Original parts will be an important part of our business for many years to come and owning the tools will be financially beneficial. We will continue to increase our market share for Saab Original parts and are expanding our customer base and network of workshops in order sell our products more widely," says Jonas Tegström.
For further information, please contact:
Orio AB, Jonas Tegström, CEO, tel: +46-(0)155-244009
Facts Orio AB
- The company is responsible for warehousing, sale and distribution of Saab Original parts and accessories for all Saab Service Centers and Saab Parts Centers globally and also sell logistics and technical services.
- Number of employees in Sweden: Nyköping about 260, Trollhättan about 50. The company is headquartered in Nyköping.
- The company has subsidiaries in its 9 main markets in Europe and the USA.
- Number of employees in the subsidiaries: about 55.
- Have been responsible for Saab Automobile spare parts handling since the 1960s and are the sole distributor of the entire range of Saab Original parts.
- Storage area: around 88 000 m².
- Storage: about 70 000 articles.
- Capacity: about 30 000 order lines/day.
- Shipment of 50 trucks distributed each day.
- The company is fully owned by the Swedish state.
- On November 13, 2013, the company changed its name from Saab Automobile Parts AB to Orio AB.