A travel-ready, digitally-integrated field camera that brings landscape photography to a whole new level.
COPENHAGEN, Sept. 10, 2019 – Phase One has announced the XT Camera System, opening new frontiers of quality for landscape photography. Designed for convenience and engineered for precision, the XT packs a full-frame medium format camera of the highest quality into a travel-friendly design. By pairing the power and performance of Phase One’s IQ4 Infinity Platform with Rodenstock’s renowned optics, the XT is the most compact digitally integrated field camera to date.
The XT Camera System perfectly marries extraordinary image quality and extraordinary photographic technology. It’s versatile, flexible, and remarkably intuitive to use. With components that communicate digitally with each other and the system’s compact size, the XT is crafted for effortless capture, so the photographer can focus on capturing the moment, not on camera settings.
“The XT Camera System is designed to elevate both your creativity and image quality by providing the best possible components, in the smallest possible package with intuitive controls, all of which allows you to focus on the moment.”
- Drew Altdoerffer, Product Manager at Phase One
“I love the XT. The combination of the Phase One IQ4, a compact camera body, and an incredible lens is just what I need. I can easily fit the camera with two lenses in my small shoulder bag, and still barely feel like I am carrying anything.”
- Reuben Wu, fine art landscape photographer
Phase One’s ability to embrace heritage while not weighed down by it makes the blend of sensible Danish design, advanced technology integration, and precision mechanics the natural foundation for this next step in landscape photography. The system will evolve over time with the release of additional lenses, expanding Infinity Platform features, dedicated accessories, and discipline-focused workflows.
Components - Technology in a class of its own
The XT Camera System integrates components of the highest quality:
- The Phase One IQ4 150MP, IQ4 150MP Achromatic, or IQ4 100MP Trichromatic, built on the Infinity Platform -- designed to innovate and support evolving technology.
- The XT Camera Body built exclusively for the Phase One IQ4. It features intuitive ergonomics and straightforward controls, including the dual action shutter button, which is designed to support future expansion and customization.
- Three lenses manufactured by Phase One’s strategic partner Rodenstock. All lenses are fitted with Phase One’s new, digitally integrated, X-Shutter --an intelligently controlled electromagnetic shutter -- born from Phase One’s industrial applications experience:
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 23mm f/5.6 is the highest quality super wide lens available.
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 32mm f/4 is an exceptional quality wide-angle lens with a large image circle and almost no distortion.
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 70mm f/5.6 is a normal focal length lens with impeccable image quality and a large image circle.
- The XT Camera System takes full advantage of Rodenstock lenses with 24mm of shift on both the X and Y axis. The shift movement allows the photographer to correct perspective distortion. It can also be used to create panoramic/stitched images at tremendous scale/resolution. The XT Camera Body intelligently integrates the shift position in the image file for later reference.
Availability and Pricing
The XT Camera System is available now through Phase One Partners worldwide: www.phaseone.com/partners.
The Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price for the XT IQ4 150MP Camera System, including a lens of your choice, is $56,990 USD.
All camera systems are sold with a 5-year limited warranty, including unlimited lens actuations for the warranty period.
About Phase One
Phase One A/S is the world’s leading manufacturer of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers, cultural heritage and industrial applications.
A pioneer in digital camera systems and imaging software, Phase One’s breakthroughs since its 1993 launch include developing the world’s first 100 MP camera system and advanced imaging workflows in award-winning software Capture One.
Phase One’s takes a modular, open-platform approach in developing camera systems, so professional photographers can capture high-resolution, high-detail images with a camera system that adapts to shifting industry demands via updates.
This success in optimizing hardware and software integration is underscored in Capture One – the professional’s choice in photo-editing software. Offering native support for over 500 camera models, Capture One’s software offers fast, powerful RAW conversion and image editing. Built on a highly-responsive processing engine, the software delivers unmatched color-handling, precision-editing tools and seamless tethered support.
With full control of all aspects of the medium format camera system supply chain, Phase One is uniquely positioned to help photographers and imaging experts everywhere stand out from the competition and realize their creative visions without compromise.
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and with offices in New York, Tokyo, Cologne, Shanghai and Tel Aviv, Phase One is committed to delivering unmatched customer service and support via an expert team of global partners.
Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Learn more here:
Phase One: www.phaseone.com