Thomas Ekman (46), today CEO Tele2 Sverige will join Cabonline Group as CEO and will assume his position 25th of April.
Thomas is EVP and CEO of Tele2 Sweden since 2011 and prior to that was Sales and Marketing Director for Tele2 Sweden. Previously he has held a number of senior management positions within both Modern Times Group (Sales Director for Viasat, MD for MTG New Media for Sweden and Norway) and Everyday.com (Sales Director for Europe). Thomas started his career in the 1990s as a salesman and ultimately a Sales Manager with Electrolux. Thomas holds a M.Sc Ba&Econ from Stockholm University.
He succeeds Ole Oftedal who assumes the role of Chairman of the Board of Cabonline Group.
- I am thrilled to announce Thomas Ekman as our new CEO. Thomas brings a strong leadership experience combined with a very solid trackrecord of value creation in sales, marketing and business development across a number of different companies and senior positions. Under Thomas’ leadership, Tele2 Sweden has grown substantially, both top and bottom line, and has been a key driver in delivering a steep change in the Swedish telecoms market overall. Given Cabonline Group’s current focus on expansion and quality improvement, across Sweden and internationally, Thomas will be a key player for us as we look to take Cabonline Group to the next level, Ole Oftedal comments.
In recognition of our position as a technology leader in the industry and the international nature of the group, the board have also decided to change the Group name from the original Fågelviksgruppen to Cabonline Group.
- There are few markets that will undergo such a large period of change in the coming years as that of urban mobility. People are increasingly moving to our cities and less and less people are buying their own cars. Cutting edge technology has the potential to revolutionalise the taxi industry and rightly puts the customer in charge in a completely new way. Cabonline Group, with its vast experience in the traditional taxi market, combined with a world class technology platform, is by far best positioned to lead and drive this change. I am really looking forward to taking the lead at Cabonline Group and making the urban mobility industry simpler and more accessible to everyone with better service and higher quality, Thomas Ekman comments.
Further strengthening of the Leadership Team:
- Olof Fransson (41) has been appointed as CFO for Cabonline Group. Olof has longstanding experience as a CFO within many different companies such as Carema Care and most recently at TeliaSonera.
- Ronnie Bodinger (42) has been appointed as CIO for Cabonline Group. Ronnie hase held similar positions within Modern Times Group as well as Avanza, where he was one of the founders built and lay the foundation for the IT platform and architechture.
- The Board of Directors has furthermore been strengthened through James Mitchell H.I.G Capital, Andreas Rosenlew, Managing Partner at Grow and Jon Risfelt, former CEO of American Express and Europolitan.
- I am very pleased with the development of Cabonline Group since we acquired the company in April 2015. The strengthening of the Leadership Team as well as of the Board of Directors we announce today are very important as we embark on the next stage for the group with major investments in technology, improved quality and stronger customer focus as well as continued acquisitions, Carl Harring, Managing Director H.I.G Capital comments.
For more information, please contact:
Ole Oftedal, CEO Cabonline Group tel +46705927599
Carl Harring, Chairman Cabonline Group tel +447803046219
About Cabonline Group
Cabonline Group (former Fågelviksgruppen) was founded in 1989 and is one of Europe’s leading technology and service providers to the taxi- and transportation industry. In Sweden and Norway 3.500 transporters are contracted together with around 7000 vehicles under different brands such as Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020, Norgestaxi, TOPCAB, Taxi Skåne and Sverigetaxi. Through Cabonline Group’s scale operations, the transporters and drivers get attractive customer contracts, leading technology platforms as well as access to the scale advantages and infrastructure. Cabonline Group sales for 2015 was close to 5.000 MSEK and the group handles more than 20million rides per year. For more information, please visit www.cabonline.com
About H.I.G Capital
H.I.G. Capital is a leading global private equity investment firm with $19 billion of capital under management. The H.I.G. family of funds includes private equity, growth equity, real estate, debt/credit, lending and life sciences. H.I.G align with committed management teams and entrepreneurs and help build businesses of significant value and has a team of over 250 investment professionals that has substantial operating, consulting, technology and financial management experience, enabling H.I.G to contribute meaningfully to the portfolio companies. H.I.G invest in companies throughout the U.S. and Europe and have offices in Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco and Atlanta in the U.S., and affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan and Paris in Europe as well as Rio de Janeiro in South America. Cabonline Group is H.I.G’s second investment in the Nordics Managing Director Carl Harring is responsible for the investment.www.higcapital.com