Royal College of Music in Stockholm in collaboration with El Sistema Sweden
It is now possible for music educators to develop skills in orchestral playing and choir singing for children and young people. Royal College of Music in Stockholm collaborates with El Sistema Academy in Sweden and now offers a course for the first time with this particular profile and specialization.
Registration now opens for a course at Royal College of Music in Stockholm, where you can deepen your knowledge in leading choir singing and orchestral playing for children and young people. The course is aimed at music teachers throughout the country and will take place in January 2021 in Stockholm.
The course will be part of El Sistema Academy, which is organized by the El Sistema Sweden Foundation, and which is a national gathering place for improvement and inspiration around El Sistema with teachers and lecturers from Sweden and abroad.
"We are very happy that Royal College of Music takes advantage of the great interest that exists in the El Sistema method ", says Eric Sjöström, head and chairman of the board of the El Sistema Sweden Foundation. “We have previously arranged El Sistema Academy ourselves - now it will take place in direct collaboration with Royal College of Music. I perceive this as a great impact and recognition for El Sistema as a teaching method in Sweden. ”
"El Sistema does a very fine and important job for our children and young people's opportunity to develop musical knowledge", says Per-Henrik Holgersson, head of the academy for music, pedagogy and society at Royal College of Music. "Now there will be opportunities for students in the course to take part in how El Sistema works and at the same time relate this to subject didactic research".
Th educations at Royal College of Music in Stockholm are free of charge for citizens in the EU, in the EEA states Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and in Switzerland. Everyone who wants to study for free must prove their right to it. Citizens of other countries need to pay the registration fee and tuition fee.
The course is open to applicants for those who have basic qualifications for university studies and special qualifications: employment within the cultural school or equivalent.
Course coordinator is Ronny Linderborg, teacher at Royal College of Music, which together with Ron Davis Alvarez, artistic director of El Sistema Sweden, plans and implements the course. Ron Davis Alvarez has led courses at the Academy of Music and Drama of the University of Gothenburg, which was the first university in Sweden to offer El Sistema courses.
- Course name: Subject didactics for teaching children and young people in orchestral playing and choir singing
- Course credits: 2.5 higher education credits
- Eligibility: Basic eligibility for university studies.
- Special qualifications: employment within the cultural school or equivalent.
- Application period: 15 September - 15 October 2020
- Course period: 29-31 January 2021 at Royal College of Music in Stockholm, Sweden and via link on occasions before and after at
- More information: https://www.kmh.se/utbildningar/alla-utbildningar/fristaende-kurser/amnesdidaktik-for-undervisning--i-korsang-och-orkesterspel.html
- Application: https://www.kmh.se/in-english/education/how-to-apply.html
SEB, Signatur Foundation Sweden, Stim, The Solstickan Association and the Carpe Vitam Foundation enable the El Sistema Foundation's work in Sweden.
- Konst, kultur, underhållning