Press release -
Fusionopolis Phase 5 Celebrates Groundbreaking
- First to Offer “Work Office Home Office” (“WOHO”) Concept
- Singapore, 5 November 2012 – Leading business space solutions provider Ascendas Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd (“Ascendas”) and Mitsui & Co Ltd (“Mitsui”) celebrated the groundbreaking of Fusionopolis Phase 5, the iconic new development in the heart of Fusionopolis in one-north, today.
- Fusionopolis Phase 5 will be the first to introduce the WOHO concept, which merges ready-made facilities with flexible spaces that cater to office, living and lifestyle functions. Designed to appeal to individuals and businesses in the info-communication technology and media industries, the WOHO concept will complement the operations and business growth needs of these companies, offering 2,690 square metres of flexible spaces in units ranging between 32 to 96 square metres each, which provide small live-in component for two to six employees comfortably. With the flexibility to customize and configure these spaces for their work and living needs, WOHO tenants can enjoy a unique work environment that nurtures the spirit of creativity and innovation.
- Projected to cost approximately S$370 million, the 67,490 square metres Fusionopolis Phase 5 comprises a 17-storey building providing approximately 59,300 square metres of quality business space, a separate 5-storey office block featuring the “Work Office Home Office” (“WOHO”) concept by Ascendas, and 5,500 square metres of retail space, offering refreshing F&B concepts, lifestyle options and amenities to the one-north community.
- Ms Chong Siak Ching, President & CEO of Ascendas, said, “Fusionopolis Phase 5 is the sixth project that the Ascendas Group will undertake in one-north, totaling our stable of quality business space here to close to 210,000 square metres. We will have three buildings in Biopolis, one in Mediapolis and two in Fusionopolis. We will be able to offer our customers across various industries – life sciences, IT, media – innovative, integrated spaces that we hope will inspire their employees to excel.”
- The development features an iconic two-storey retail plaza which connects Fusionopolis Phase 5 with Fusionopolis Phase 1 and Phase 2A via a series of landscaped paths and connectors. In addition to its strategic location with a direct link to the MRT station, Fusionopolis Phase 5 offers wide open green spaces and an observation deck for the one-north community to enjoy, seamlessly integrating quality business space with natural landscape and lifestyle conveniences. This integrated project builds on Ascendas’ track record and success with other developments at one-north: Neuros & Immunos, Four Acres, Nexus@Fusionopolis, Nucleos and Infinite Studios.
- As with all of Ascendas’ projects, care has been taken to ensure optimal energy efficiency and environmentally-friendly features are included in the design of Fusionopolis Phase 5. The development is also targeted to meet the criteria of the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark Platinum certification.
- A 75:25 joint venture between Ascendas and Mitsui, the project leverages on Ascendas’ masterplanning and business space development expertise as well as Mitsui’s strong network to offer innovative solutions that meet the needs of companies seeking to expand their business activities in Singapore to reach out to the Asian region. Ascendas will also leverage on its pan-Asia footprint in 33 cities across 10 countries to reach out to a wide-ranging customer base in the info-communication technology, media, electronics, physical sciences and engineering industries. The project is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- Ms Chong added: “Ascendas is excited to work with Mitsui as a partner for this development and I hope that this partnership is the first of more collaborations with Mitsui not just in Singapore but across the region.”
- Building, property
- real estate
- business space
About Ascendas Group (www.ascendas.com)
Ascendas is Asia’s leading provider of business space solutions with more than 30 years of experience. Based in Singapore, Ascendas has built a strong regional presence and serves a global clientele of over 2,400 customers in 25 cities across 10 countries including Singapore, China, India, South Korea and Australia.
Ascendas specialises in masterplanning, developing, managing and marketing IT parks, industrial & logistics parks, business parks, science parks, hi-tech facilities, office and retail spaces. Leveraging on its track record and experience, Ascendas has introduced new business space concepts such as integrated communities and solutions which seamlessly combine high-quality business, lifestyle, retail and hospitality spaces to create conducive human-centric work-live-play-learn environments. Its flagship projects include the Singapore Science Park and Changi City at Changi Business Park in Singapore, International Tech Park Bangalore in India and Ascendas-Xinsu in Suzhou Industrial Park, China. Ascendas provides end-to-end real estate solutions, assisting companies across the entire real estate process.
In November 2002, Ascendas launched Singapore’s first business space trust, Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT), and in August 2007, Ascendas India Trust (a-iTrust) was launched as the first listed Indian property trust. In July 2012, Ascendas listed Ascendas Hospitality Trust (A-HTRUST), which comprises a portfolio of quality hotels in Australia, China, Japan and Singapore. Besides managing listed real estate funds, Ascendas also manages a series of private funds with commercial and industrial assets across Asia.