Eqhwan Mokhzanee keeps his cool despite being grilled
BFM's The Breakfast Grille does exactly what the title says: senior business leaders are put to the test with blunt questions that strike at the heart of the matter. It's Malaysia's radio answer to BBC HardTalk.
Eqhwan Mokhzanee didn't get away scot free, when he appeared on the show with Melisa Idris.
But in his broadcast interview, the CEO of AmBank Islamic displayed his media savvy, which is why we have nominated him for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
It sounded like it wasn't his first appearance, and Eqhwan was disarmingly candid about sensitive issues, such as the 1MDB investigation and earnings growth.
But he remained confident and in control throughout, and I am shortlisting him for the Best Broadcast Interview in Malaysia for this week's Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 for reasons that I explain below:
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 resumes with our second round of nominations. At the same time, Hong Bao Media has launched the awards in Malaysia and fine-tuned the categories to:
- Best Broadcast Interview
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation
- Best Live Webcast
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until October 31, 2018, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
- Confident - His tone of voice exudes confidence and reassurance. This can be learnt, even if you are not blessed with a chocolatey voice.
- Articulate - He doesn't stumble over words or have significant pauses. Even though he gave a few points other CEOs would shrug back from, as a listener you didn't get the feeling that he was about to say something that would come back to haunt him.
- Numbers - Eqhwan gave some stats, such as referring to SMEs which make up more than 90% of companies and provide 70% of jobs. Providing data is another way of keeping your interview interesting and securing your listeners' attention.
Certainly, there are always things you wish afterwards you could have done better, but overall this is an interview other local business leaders might like to listen to for reference. If you want to know more feel free to drop me a message.
Once again, we are pleased to nominate Eqhwan Mokhzanee, CEO of AmBank Islamic for his broadcast interview on BFM 89.9.
If you know him or would like to nominate your senior business leader, share this with him and click on the link below to nominate.