Mayank Parekh: Setting standards for HR professionals ...and online interviews
The Institute for Human Resource Professionals (IHRP) sets the pace in HR standards of excellence, and champions human capital development in organisations.
The IHRP was set up by the Ministry of Manpower, National Trades Union Congress and Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) to upgrade skills of HR professionals, allowing them to be key enablers in their organisations.
Mayank Parekh, CEO of IHRP shares his views on how this scheme can further improve the skills of those in HR, including himself. He provided viewers his personal example which can be seen as a motivation to many - and in the process earns himself a nomination for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 in the category of Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta.
Scroll down to see other reasons why we nominated him:
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 resumes with our second round of nominations. At the same time, Hong Bao Media has launched the awards in Malaysia in these categories:
- Best Broadcast Interview
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation
- Best Live Webcast
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders to follow, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until October 31, 2018, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
- Stories - Ten years ago, Parekh moved to the United States from Singapore. He shared his experience on his opportunity to view HR in a different perspective and further explained the benefits of the certification. Telling stories is a good way to engage your viewers and win them over.
- Appearance - It is important to look your best in media appearances. Parekh did so by sitting forward instead of leaning back. It exudes confidence and looks sharper than slouching in that yellow armchair!
- Delivery - Parekh had slight pauses at strategic moments and he did not rush through his points. He cared to get his stories across and be understood.
Admittedly, I do have a few misgivings about the camera work in this clip, and the mic cable is a tad untidy. But these weren't his fault. Good thing Parekh was wearing a dark jacket where this wasn't so obvious. Another reason why he deserves to be in our shortlist for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.