Press release -
Dulux Decorator Centre keeps community at its heart supporting local charities across the UK
Garden therapy sites in Birmingham, outdoor play areas in London and beach huts in Brighton have all been transformed using the power of colour as part of a year-long programme of charity initiatives by Dulux Decorator Centre.
Teams from stores across the UK have worked with 20 different schemes - one for every new or refurbished decorator centre in 2019 - investing more than £10K and, many more man hours to make a difference to the local communities they serve.
Now, with more than 230 stores nationwide, Dulux Decorator Centre is preparing to embark on its biggest charitable initiative yet in 2020, as the business brings colour to people’s lives as part of its 125-year anniversary celebrations.
Dulux Decorator Centre offers professional decorators a wide range of market leading products in store and online; innovative services including bespoke colour matching; and expert advice from dedicated teams on jobs big and small.
Managing Director John Henderson said: “The many teams who work within the Dulux Decorator Centre family have made a real difference to the charities we’ve worked with in the past 12 months. Paint has a transformative effect on how we live our lives and these donations will continue to make spaces more fun and enjoyable for many years to come.
“We've opened or refurbished 20 decorator centres in the past 12 months and our 230 store footprint spans from Elgin to Penzance. This fantastic achievement has been down to the hard work and dedication of new and existing Dulux Decorator Centre colleagues.
“We are now in the best position to serve the UK’s decorator community with a store that is centered entirely on their needs.”
Some of the 20 projects completed include:
- Dulux Decorator Centre team members took part in a charitable beach clean with Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre
- In Islington, Dulux Decorator Centre donated paint to children’s charity KIDS that was used to brighten up a children’s playground
- Local children’s charity Teddy20 used paint donated by Dulux Decorator Centre in Blandford Forum to paint their Christmas Santa’s sleigh
- Dulux Decorator Centre donated paint in Catford, to makeover a night shelter and drop-in day centre for homeless charity 999 Club
- In Eastleigh, Dulux Decorator Centre was able to help Naomi House & Jacksplace to refresh their hospice rooms, making them more welcome for families and children
- In Birmingham, colleagues at the newly relocated King’s Norton Dulux Decorator Centre were able to colour match the charity logo for Thrive, the gardening for health charity, which was then used throughout their garden and office area
- Dulux Decorator Centre was able to work with Springboard in Crawley on the revamping of their Truck Room - a play area for children
For more information about Dulux Decorator Centre or, to find out more about its 125-year anniversary community initiative, visit: www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk
About Dulux Decorator Centre
Dulux Decorator Centre is one of the UK’s leading decorating specialists, offering expert advice to help accomplish any decorating job - big or small. Each store carries a wide range of products, from paint and wallpaper to accessories and tools. Customers can also shop 24/7 at www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk to receive free delivery on orders over £50, with no minimum spend for trade account holders, or shop with Dulux Decorator Centre’s click and collect service to have orders delivered to a local store.
For more information please visitwww.akzonobel.com.
© 2020 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
Not for publication – for more information Democracy PR
T: 0161 881 5941
Contact: Sarah Howarth
AkzoNobel Corporate Communications
T: 01753 550000
Contact: Simon Colvan
- dulux decorator centre
- dulux retail
- dulux academy
- dulux trade
- professional decorators;
- bespoke colour matching;
- homeless charity;
- 999 club;
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
For more information about AkzoNobel, visit www.akzonobel.com