Press release -
Center Parcs brings Treehouse breaks to Elveden Forest
Center Parcs has unveiled four brand new luxury Treehouses in Elveden Forest, Suffolk.
The launch follows the success and popularity of the Treehouses at Sherwood Forest and Longleat Forest which have 100% annual occupancy and are already fully booked this summer.
Set amongst 400 acres of Suffolk woodland, the Treehouses combine a sleek, contemporary design with ultimate functionality. This style of accommodation has been expertly designed to encompass key elements that are core to the Center Parcs experience; high quality, a sensitivity to the environment and nature and a stunning base from which to have unforgettable family adventures together.
The launch of the luxury family Treehouses at Elveden Forest is just one of the additions Center Parcs is making to its five UK villages in a year of record investment by the short break provider.
Martin Dalby, CEO of Center Parcs, commented: “We are continually investing in our business to ensure we offer the best quality and continue to innovate with new ideas. We welcome families who haven’t visited before but there are also a lot of Center Parcs fans who come time and time again; children who have grown and are now bringing their own children. We want to offer our guests that something special each time they come so there are always new things to see and do.
“Our Treehouses deliver another level of luxury for families wanting to live that childhood dream of being high in the trees and have great adventures in the forest. The Treehouses at Elveden Forest are just one of a number of investments we are making this year. As well as this, we are also introducing a new set of experiences at Aqua Sana Spa at Sherwood Forest and a new family water ride at Longleat Forest due to open next year.”
The Treehouses have been designed to embrace the forest and this is reflected throughout the interior. A spiral staircase winding around a faux tree trunk is central to the layout and details such as floor to ceiling retractable doors, a large outdoor terrace, smoked oak timber walls and oak planked floors all help to incorporate the surroundings and create a true forest experience for guests.
Suitable for up to eight guests, there is plenty of space for families to spend time together amongst the canopy, with four luxurious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms looking out over views of the surrounding treetops. All four bedrooms have their own private balconies, accessible through full height, sliding glass doors. A double room and two twin rooms are located on the lower level, with the master suite on the upper level offering views of the surrounding treetops.
The living area is perfect for the whole family, with a beautiful fireplace, cosy day bed area and family dining table – a place to share stories about the activities that day.
Each Treehouse has the latest technology including a plasma TV mounted above the fireplace in the central living area and iPod docks throughout. The open kitchen with breakfast bar is fully equipped with everything a family needs and even a chalkboard to exercise the family’s artistic side.
For the ultimate indulgence, Treehouse guests have a large hot tub and sauna on the outside terrace, with the surrounding trees providing the perfect natural cover. A dedicated games den, which can be reached by a bridge from the main terrace, has both traditional games and games consoles so there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
The natural environment is central to the Center Parcs ethos and the Treehouses are the most sustainable accommodation that Center Parcs has developed to date. Landscaping work was kept to a minimum in the building process to ensure as little disruption to the woodland area as possible, and the structures have been built to complement the surrounding area.
The Elveden Forest Treehouses are available to book now at: www.centerparcs.co.uk
Notes to Editors
- Center Parcs has five Villages across the UK; Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, Elveden Forest in Suffolk, Longleat Forest in Wiltshire, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire which opened to guests on 6 June 2014
- As the leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs regularly achieves average annual occupancy in excess of 97%
- Center Parcs offers weekend, (Friday to Monday) or midweek (Monday to Friday) breaks and welcomes over 2 million guests each year, with 96% of guests expressing an intention to return
- The Center Parcs concept is to provide a range of high quality accommodation, shops, restaurants and exceptional leisure facilities, carefully nestled amongst 400 acres of protected forest environment
- This concept originated in Holland in 1967, with the first UK Center Parcs opening in 1987. Center Parcs is now a separate entity in the UK
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People
- Center Parcs has recently been announced ‘Best Family Holiday Provider’ in the Tommy’s Awards for the eleventh year in a row