Tag / Costa Book Awards
Press releases • Jan 30, 2018 19:38 GMT
Inside the Wave, Dunmore’s tenth and final collection of poetry published just two months before her death in June 2017, announced as winner of the Costa Book of the Year
News • Feb 01, 2017 14:25 GMT
• First novelist ever to win the Book of the Year twice • Win comes eight years after he first won the Costa Book of the Year in 2008 for The Secret Scripture Novel Award judges called Days Without End ‘a miracle of a book’ • Costa Short Story Award won by debut novelist Jess Kidd
Press releases • Jan 26, 2016 20:30 GMT
• Only the second children’s book in the prize’s history to win Book of the Year • The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman won in 2001 • A Victorian murder mystery the judges said ‘will grip readers of all ages’
Press releases • Jan 22, 2016 12:05 GMT
London, 22nd January 2016: With the culmination of the 2015 Costa Book Awards just days away, the latest odds from bookmakers William Hill have debut novelist, Andrew Michael Hurley, winner of the Costa First Novel Award, as favourite for the Costa Book of the Year.
Press releases • Nov 30, 2015 17:38 GMT
• Over 1000 entries received • Submissions were judged anonymously • Winner to be voted for by public on Costa Book Awards website and announced at Costa Book Awards ceremony • Voting opens today and closes at midday on Wednesday 13th January 2016
Press releases • Nov 23, 2015 15:56 GMT
• 12 female and 8 male authors from ages 27 to 68, including: a film editor, an Oxford don, a Cambridge fellow, television and radio writers, the inaugural Laureate of Irish Fiction and previously-shortlisted and winning authors (Kate Atkinson, Andrew Norriss, Don Paterson, Hayley Long and Thomas Harding)
Press releases • Jan 27, 2015 21:21 GMT
London, 20.30pm 27th January 2015: H is for Hawk by writer, poet and historian Helen Macdonald has beaten bookies’ favourite, How to be both by Ali Smith, to win the title of 2014 Costa Book of the Year. H is for Hawk, part memoir and part nature book, is the author’s personal account of training a goshawk as a way of dealing with grief following her father’s death.
Press releases • Jan 23, 2015 16:41 GMT
London, 22nd January 2015: With the 2014 Costa Book Awards only four days away, the latest odds from bookmakers William Hill have novelist Ali Smith, winner of the Costa Novel Award, as odds-on favourite for the Costa Book of the Year with How to be both,
Press releases • Jan 19, 2015 11:30 GMT
• Six writers from all corners of the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland • Shortlist includes a part-time dentist and a writer whose first novel has just been published • Winner decided by public vote and will be announced at the Costa Book Awards ceremony on Tuesday 27th January
Press releases • Jan 12, 2015 14:15 GMT
WINNER TO BE SELECTED BY PUBLIC VOTE The public vote for the 2014 Costa Short Story Award will close at midnight on Friday 16th January 2015.
Press releases • Nov 18, 2014 20:39 GMT
• Shortlisted authors (10 male, 10 female) span ages 29 to 70 and include a brain surgeon, a chef, former Mormon and an acclaimed artist • Two books set in World War 1 feature in this the year marking a centenary since its outbreak •Record number of entries to this year’s Awards (640) including the highest-ever number of entries in the Novel Award category
Press releases • Jan 21, 2014 12:02 GMT
Costa Coffee today announces the identities of the six finalists shortlisted for the 2013 Costa Short Story Award. Remarkably, given that the competition was judged anonymously (ie without the identities of the authors being known) and with over 1400 entries received this year, it can be revealed that two of this year’s final six writers were also shortlisted last year.
Press releases • Nov 27, 2013 10:03 GMT
The Costa Book Awards is the only major UK book prize that is open solely to authors resident in the UK and Ireland and also, uniquely, recognises the most enjoyable books across five categories – First Novel, Novel, Biography, Poetry and Children’s Book - published in the last year. The release reveals which books made the category shortlists for 2013.