Press release -
LV= Insurance County Championship fixtures confirmed for Division Stage
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has today released the fixtures for the Division Stage of the LV= Insurance County Championship.
The month-long title-deciding phase of the LV= Insurance County Championship begins on Monday 30 August with four additional rounds of matches to be staged to confirm the champions across three divisions.
Warwickshire will begin ‘Super September’ as the Division One leaders – after carrying 21 points over from the Group Stage – and travel to third-placed Lancashire in the first round of matches.
Second-placed Somerset, chasing an historic first-ever LV= Insurance County Championship title, host Nottinghamshire at the Cooper Associates County Ground while Hampshire play Yorkshire at The Ageas Bowl.
The final round of matches start on Tuesday 21 September with the current top two in Division One, Warwickshire and Somerset, scheduled to meet at Edgbaston.
The format of the LV= Insurance County Championship was remodelled for this season to incorporate two phases following a vote of the first-class county chairs in October 2020, to help mitigate against the impact of Covid-19.
After 10 Group Stage matches the 18 first-class counties have progressed to three divisions based on points accrued. The top team in Division One after the completion of the Division Stage will be crowned as county champions.
The top two teams in Division One will also progress to a showpiece five-day Bob Willis Trophy final at Lord’s from Tuesday 28 September.
Essex, the current holders of both the LV= Insurance County Championship and Bob Willis Trophy titles, begin this phase of matches at the top of Division Two and start away to Glamorgan at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff.
Division Three leaders Worcestershire host Sussex at New Road to begin the secondary stage.
LV= Insurance County Championship – standings ahead of Division Stage
1. Warwickshire (21 points), 2. Somerset (18.5), 3. Lancashire (16.5), 4. Hampshire (8.5), 5. Nottinghamshire (5), 6. Yorkshire (4.5)
1. Essex (19 points), 2. Northamptonshire (16), 3. Surrey (13), 4. Gloucestershire (12), 5. Glamorgan (11.5), 6. Durham (4)
1. Worcestershire (18.5 points), 2. Middlesex (13), 3. Sussex (12), 4. Leicestershire (11.5), 5. Kent (11), 6. Derbyshire (9.5)
- Prizemoney at the end of the LV= Insurance County Championships will be awarded based on finishing positions across all three divisions.
- The Division Stage fixtures are available in the attachment below.
You'll find all ECB Media Releases and associated resources on our Newsroom >