Press release -
Council to mark International Children’s Day with free activities
A number of FREE events are being planned across Mid and East Antrim to celebrate International Children’s Day on Wednesday 20 November.
This year will mark the 30th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
This is the most widely ratified international treaty in the world and its ratification by the UK government has provided all children with rights to enable them to be safe, to develop, grow and flourish.
To mark the occasion, children can swim for free in Ballymena, Carrickfergus and Larne leisure centres on 20 November so get the date in your diary.
They will also be able to enjoy the activities below free of charge.
- Kids free swimming across the three Council Leisure Centres. Age restrictions apply, all children under the age of 8years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seven Towers Leisure Centre – Inclusive Glow Sports Session for 4-7 year olds from 4.15pm-4.45pm. Taster Sessions:
Pan Disability 4.45pm – 5.45pm Open to 5-16 year olds
Junior Paralympic 6pm – 7pm Open to 4-12 year olds. Places will be limited, so registration is essential. To register please contact T: 028 2563 3382 or E: STLCReception@midandeastantrim.gov.uk
- Carrickfergus Amphitheatre –Two free inclusive kids sports sessions 4pm-4.30pm for 4-7 year olds and from 4.30pm-5pm for 8-12 year olds. Registering and attending gets them free entrance to Ludo. Max 20 kids per session. Pre-registration necessary. To register please contact T: 028 9335 8342 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larne Leisure Centre – Inclusive KINBALL Taster Session for 4-7 year olds from 4pm-4.30pm and 8-12 year olds from 4.30pm-5pm. Places will be limited, so registration is essential. To register please contact T: 028 2826 2497 or E: email@example.com
All activities taking place across Northern Ireland by Departments, public bodies, NGOs, schools, children’s organisations, community groups and youth groups and will be available to view on the NICCY website.
- For Mid and East Antrim Borough Council media enquiries T: 028 2563 5037 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join Mid and East Antrim Borough Council on Facebook or follow us on Twitter
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council is a multi-award winning local authority which leads the way in the transformation of ever-more efficient and improved public services for its 139,000 citizens. The traditional engine room of the Northern Ireland economy, the borough has a proud manufacturing heritage, diverse and dynamic business community, and a rapidly expanding tourism and hospitality sector.