Families enjoyed an enjoyable afternoon in People’s Park, Ballymena on Sunday 9 June as an Action Sports Extravaganza event came to town. This project is supported the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).
Ireland’s No.1 Stunt Team “Thunder Action Sports” hosting the Action Sports event offering free taster workshops. Young people from the locality received training in urban sports prior to the event including BMX, skateboard, stunt scooters, parkour and graffiti art and were able to demonstrate their new skills.
This programme is being delivered as part of the Your Place Our Space project; an exciting intergenerational environmental project, focusing on the shared sustained use of outdoor spaces across the Borough, part of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council’s ‘Local Authority Action Plan’.
This action sport programme will also be running in Larne and Carrickfergus during the summer months. If you're interested in finding out more about you can contact the project officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.midandeastantrim.gov.uk/peaceiv
- For Mid and East Antrim Borough Council media enquiries T: 028 2563 5037 E: email@example.com
- Join Mid and East Antrim Borough Council on Facebook or follow us on Twitter
- The Special EU Programmes Body is a North/South Implementation Body sponsored by the Department of Finance in Northern Ireland and the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform in Ireland. It is responsible for managing two EU Structural Funds Programmes, PEACE IV and INTERREG VA which are designed to enhance cross-border co-operation, promote reconciliation and create a more peaceful and prosperous society.
- The programmes operate within a clearly defined area including Northern Ireland, the border region of Ireland and in the case of INTERREG VA, Western Scotland.
- The PEACE IV Programme has a value of €270 million and aims to promote peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland and the Border Region of Ireland.
- For more information on the SEUPB please visit www.seupb.eu