Press release -
Norwegian launches new route to Greece
Airline adds capacity to key European routes for summer 2020
Norwegian is launching a new non-stop service from London Gatwick to Aktion Airport, which serves Preveza and Lefkada, Greece with fares from £60.50 one-way available to book now at www.norwegian.com/uk.
Launching just in time for a summer holiday in the Greek sunshine, Norwegians’ first flight to Aktion Airport will depart on the 3rd May 2020 with a twice weekly service* on a Thursday and Sunday for the summer season. The new service will be Norwegians’ first flight to mainland Greece from the UK and will complement the airlines’ existing Greek services to Rhodes, Kefalonia, Santorini and Crete.
Passengers will be able to enjoy direct access to the lesser-known regions of Preveza and Leftkada. Offering stunning beaches with turquoise waters and an idyllic relaxing atmosphere, these traditional Greek towns are often regarded as a hidden gem.
In addition to the new service, Norwegian is also adding capacity to key European routes for this summer with extra weekly flights to Greece and Norway. The airline has added a second weekly flight to Crete, a new morning departure five days a week to Stavanger and extended the seasonal winter service to Tromso with two weekly flights in April, May, September and October.
Magnus Maursund, SVP commercial Short Haul at Norwegian said; “We are pleased to offer Brits more choice and flexibility when flying with Norwegian across Europe this summer by adding capacity to key services and a new route to Aktion Airport. Passengers travelling with us can enjoy our complimentary gate-to-gate Wi-Fi while flying in a high-quality and comfortable cabin onboard our modern, environmentally friendly aircraft.”
Norwegian is Europe’s third-largest low-cost airline, carrying more than 5.8 million UK passengers each year to over 30 global destinations. The airline was ranked the most fuel-efficient airline on transatlantic routes by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) for two consecutive years and has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years.
To book visit www.norwegian.com/uk or call 0330 8280854
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
Fares are charged per person, per one-way flight and include all mandatory taxes and charges.
*Twice weekly service will commence 21st May until 1st October
Sunday – D82420 departs London Gatwick 06.45 arrives Lefkada Preveza 12.00
Sunday – D82421 departs Lefkada Preveza 13.20 arrives London Gatwick 14.30
Thursday – D82420 departs London Gatwick 06.20 arrives Lefkada Preveza 11.35
Thursday – D82421 departs Lefkada Preveza 14.55 arrives London Gatwick 16.05
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,500 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations and 13 long-haul destinations.
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights