Press release -
OUP journals receive increased Journal Impact Factors™
Following the release of the latest Journal Citation Reports™ from Clarivate, OUP has today confirmed that 307 OUP titles now receive a Journal Impact Factor™, while 258 journals saw an increase in their Journal Impact Factor™.
In this year’s report, 84% of OUP journals receiving a Journal Impact Factor™ saw an increase on their previous impact factor. Across OUP’s journal publishing, 19% of journals rank in the top 10% of at least one subject category while 43% rank in the top 25% of at least one subject category.
In addition, six journals publishing by OUP have the highest Journal Impact Factors™, in their categories:
- Human Reproduction Updatehas retained its #1 ranking in both the Obstetrics and Gynecology – SCIE category and the Reproductive Biology – SCIE category
- Clinical Chemistrycontinues to hold the top ranking in the Medical Laboratory Technology – SCIE category
- The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Scienceshas also retained its #1 ranking in the Gerontology – SSCI category
- The Quarterly Journal of Economics is #1 in the Economics – SSCI category for a fifth consecutive year
- Applied Linguistics is now #1 in the Linguistics – SSCI category
- International Affairs is now #1 in the International Relations – SSCI category
Finally, six journals published by Oxford University Press have received their first Journal Impact Factor™:
- BJS Open (3.396)
- European Heart Journal - Quality of Care & Clinical Outcomes (4.370)
- Food Quality and Safety (3.102)
- Insect Systematics and Diversity (4.771)
- Journal of Complex Networks (2.011)
- Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology (1.957)
Source: Journal Citation Reports™ from Clarivate, 2021
Oxford University Press (OUP) is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press with the widest global presence.
It currently publishes thousands of new publications a year, has offices in around fifty countries, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing program that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.