Nick Read, the newly appointed Group Chief Executive at the Post Office, has today (16 September) started with the business.
Mr Read was previously CEO at both Extra Energy, and Nisa Retail, after senior roles at Tesco, Thomas Cook, Vodafone, HBOS and Lloyds Banking Group.
Commenting on his first day as Group CEO of Post Office, Nick Read said:
“I am delighted to have started at one of the UK’s most trusted brands and a business which plays such an important part in the lives of millions of customers every day. Whether it’s someone wanting to withdraw cash from their bank account in a rural community or a first time buyer wanting to get onto the housing ladder, the Post Office really matters.
“I am really looking forward to working with everyone involved in the business and in particular the thousands of postmasters around the country who are its lifeblood. I am determined that together we will ensure that Post Offices thrive as successful businesses wherever they are – from the busiest city streets to those serving the most rural communities in the UK.”
Post Office External Relations
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 97% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches and an additional 2,500 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk