- Post Office and Payzone Bill Payments launch payment services for ScottishPower Smart Metering
- ScottishPower customers can now top up their meters conveniently at nearly 25,000 locations from today
- The move will offer more choice for ScottishPower customers, in turn driving footfall to both Post Office branches and Payzone outlets
Post Office and Payzone Bill Payments have launched payment services with ScottishPower Smart Metering today. The service will eventually see 800,000 ScottishPower customers able to top up their Smart Meters over the counter at almost 25,000 Post Office and Payzone bill payments outlets nationwide.
This is great news for ScottishPower customers who use over the counter payment services, offering them even greater convenience and access; it’s also great news for Post Office branches and Payzone retailers, as it will help to drive business into their shops.
The service allows ScottishPower customers to take their smart meter account number barcode into either a Post Office or Payzone outlet, and once their payment is made, it will be automatically updated onto the customer’s Smart Meter.
Debbie Smith, Post Office Retail Chief Executive, commented:
“The launch of this service is great news for both customers and retailers across the network.
“We offer almost 25,000 locations from which customers are able to quickly and conveniently top up their Smart Meters and pay their bills. Contracts like this help to secure customer football for thousands of Post Office and Payzone small businesses, meaning they can continue to provide vital services to their communities for many years to come.”
Andrew Goddard, Managing Director, Payzone Bill Payments Limited, said:
“The launch of this service is the first of many to come and it is brilliant news for Post Offices and for Payzone retailers alike, bringing extra footfall through the door.
“Joining together with Post Office is a great boost for Payzone Bill Payments, and means that our customers have access to a much greater network.”
To find out more, please visit: https://www.payzone.co.uk/bill-payments-news/
Post Office Press Office
20 Finsbury Street
LONDON, EC2Y 9AQ
Tel: 07436 038445 or 020 7012 3456 (24 hours),
Notes to editors:
Founded in 1989, Payzone specialises in providing simple and cost effective payment solutions for retailers and other businesses.
Payzone employs approximately 400 people across 3 sites – Northwich, Stockport and Grimsby.
Since 2016 Payzone has focused its strategy on providing card payment solutions designed to help SMEs (retail and non-retail) grow their businesses
Post Office have already purchased Payzone Bill Payments so this should be reflected
Post Office is purchasing Payzone’s Bill Payments business which is based in Northwich. This is a separate standalone business employing around 70 people.
Payzone provides a range of Bill Payment services for Telecoms, Energy, Water and Housing plus Transport Ticketing and much more through a network of Convenience retailers.
Following completion of the transaction, Payzone will continue to be focused on its Card Payment business based out of its Stockport and Grimsby offices.
The Payzone Card Payment business will continue to provide card services to the Payzone Bill Payments network through a long-term partnership.
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 97% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches and an additional 2,500 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk