Tag / Asa hutchinson
Press Releases • Sep 18, 2018 12:06 BST
A Dubai court sentenced Briton Asa Hutchinson in absentia for being a witness to an alleged assault. Her testimony was dismissed, and she was denied the right to defend herself in court. The UAE frequently commits such violations of basic due process.
Press Releases • Feb 16, 2018 16:03 GMT
Parents of Asa Hutchinson, trapped in Dubai, seek Priti Patel’s support to bring her home following false allegations in the tourist hotspot
Related material Show all 17
- Distraught father pleas for IBM exec to drop charges against innocent daughter Asa Hutchinson
- UK based NGO Detained in Dubai celebrate 10 years of success
- Asa Hutchinson, British girl facing years in prison in Dubai for “witnessing someone else’s crime” was given choice of “signing legal documents written only in Arabic, or go straight to jail.”
Flaw in Dubai legal system leaving British visitors vulnerable. Asa Hutchinson case only the tip of the iceberg
Press Releases • Dec 17, 2017 15:00 GMT
British National Asa Hutchinson is not alone in being charged with a crime for being in the vicinity of the alleged incident. In the confusion of a crime report, it is common for victims to accuse all members of a party and in many cases, even witnesses are dragged through the judicial system.
Related material Show all 23
- Connor Clements appeal to be ruled on 3 days before Christmas. Brit facing 2 years jail in Dubai for using legal marijuana medication in England 3 weeks before.
- UAE still ill treating detained Scotsman Billy Barclay, even after his return to the UK
- Shock at eight month “spite jailing” of Malaysian national Richard Lau. Imprisoned in Dubai for receiving his wages.