Tag / Australian
Australian family’s distress over 68 year old businessman & father of 3 with, Joseph Sarlak facing life in Qatar prison under Draconian cheque laws - Gulf nations highly risky to foreign investors
Press Releases • Jul 01, 2018 19:35 BST
Australian Family man Joe Sarlak’s nightmare began on the 31st of July 2016, nearly two years ago, when he was tricked into attending a meeting to discuss his plans to leave Qatar. He has been in Doha prison ever since and, now experiencing serious health problems, fears he will die in Middle Eastern jail after seeing the recent death of his cellmate who suffered similar hearth complications.
Related material Show all 8
- BRIT JONATHAN NASH FACES LIFE IN QATAR PRISON FOR BOUNCED CHEQUES
- 2 more “Interpol Abuse” victims removed from Interpol, as UAE continues reporting debts as fraud
- Family of Ras Al Khaimah prisoner Richard Lau just want him “home for Chinese New Year.” Investors cautioned over UAE’s “archaic legal system”.
Frightening precedent for UAE population - Lawyer imprisoned for 10 years for "defaming the government” over civil rights discussions.
Press Releases • Jun 01, 2018 09:21 BST
UAE's imprisonment of anyone who damages the reputation is more damaging to the country than anything Ahmed Mansoor ever said. The UAE is unsafe for tourism and investment and despite expensive public relations campaign, the country shows no steps towards change, only further steps towards censorship.
Related material Show all 12
Australians disbelief to find that former Westpac CEO Shayne Nelson is now jailing bank customers , threatening Interpol red notices and illegally harassing debt victims
News • Sep 24, 2017 22:30 BST
Australian Shane Nelson was the CEO of Westpac Bank, and is now the CEO of Emirates National Bank of Dubai. He claims he wants to see debt decriminalised in the Emirates, a popular expat destination. His bank though is one of the worst abusers of criminal law in the UAE. They continue to jail debtors, illegally and aggressively harass and threaten Interpol and extradition.
Related material Show all 19
- Australia to test new extradition treaty with UAE after 5 men were arrested in relation to a multi million dollar drug trafficking ring
- UAE banks blank cheque abuse continues to shock the international banking community
- International legal community’s outrage at plan to hold 2019 World Litigation Forum in Dubai