Tag / David Oliver
Press Releases • Jan 17, 2019 12:41 GMT
Economic forecasts in the UAE indicate an increase in expected loan and mortgage defaults, which will lead to intensified persecution of debtors; Stirling cautions expats and business owners to be wary of easy credit, and get immediate help in financial troubles
Related material Show all 18
- Briton trapped in Mallorca, Spain facing extradition proceedings to Qatar over £30k debt - Latest victim of Gulf states’ misuse of Interpol as an instrument for debt collection
- Warning to Indian investors in Ras al Khaimah UAE following detention of Indian national for a crime he had no access to commit
- Qatar’s Emir in UK as innocent Brit languishes in Doha jail over bounced cheques & falsified accusations
Free after 2 long years! Mentally ill American stroke victim held hostage in UAE over debts, finally released, following campaign by Detained In Dubai.
Press Releases • Dec 20, 2017 14:46 GMT
David Oliver, the American University professor who was held hostage for 2 years in Dubai over personal debts he was unable to pay, is finally heading home thanks to human rights NGO Detained in Dubai. He got on a flight at 2:50am this morning and arrives at Dallas later on today where loving sister Beverly Thornton will be waiting to greet him.
Related material Show all 26
- Connor Clements appeal to be ruled on 3 days before Christmas. Brit facing 2 years jail in Dubai for using legal marijuana medication in England 3 weeks before.
- UAE still ill treating detained Scotsman Billy Barclay, even after his return to the UK
- Flaw in Dubai legal system leaving British visitors vulnerable. Asa Hutchinson case only the tip of the iceberg