Tag / Expat
Indian family man & lawyer Johnson George, breaks down in court after being denied bail in RAK for doing his job
Press Releases • Aug 30, 2018 11:06 BST
Indian national Johnson George has been jailed since January 2018 on allegations of breach of trust he strongly denies.
Related material Show all 9
Press Releases • Mar 16, 2018 13:34 GMT
Middle Eastern travel, investment and expat hotspot Dubai is under scrutiny for ongoing abuse of British citizens, wrongful imprisonments and human rights violations. Should Brits be putting themselves in jeopardy?
Related material Show all 36
- Guernica International Justice Chambers press statement on Sheikha Latifa & Hervé Jaubert case before the United Nations
- UK NGO ‘Detained in Dubai’, on behalf of clients Sheikha Latifa and Herve Jaubert, announces UNITED NATIONS COMPLAINT requesting urgent and immediate intervention.
- London NGO ‘Detained in Dubai’ protected by counter-terrorism unit following bomb threat spurred by missing persons report for Dubai princess
Australians disbelief to find that former Westpac CEO Shayne Nelson is now jailing bank customers , threatening Interpol red notices and illegally harassing debt victims
News • Sep 24, 2017 22:30 BST
Australian Shane Nelson was the CEO of Westpac Bank, and is now the CEO of Emirates National Bank of Dubai. He claims he wants to see debt decriminalised in the Emirates, a popular expat destination. His bank though is one of the worst abusers of criminal law in the UAE. They continue to jail debtors, illegally and aggressively harass and threaten Interpol and extradition.
Related material Show all 18
- Australia to test new extradition treaty with UAE after 5 men were arrested in relation to a multi million dollar drug trafficking ring
- UAE banks blank cheque abuse continues to shock the international banking community
- International legal community’s outrage at plan to hold 2019 World Litigation Forum in Dubai