Tag / Expert witness
“Bahrain seeks to punish Hakeem through extradition process and show strength to gulf allies” - Radha Stirling
Press Releases • Feb 01, 2019 10:35 GMT
Bahrain pushes Hakeem through formal extradition proceedings in Thailand, spotlighting serious flaws with Interpol policy, international extradition standards, human rights treaties and gulf nation’s misuse of foreign legal process as a means to intimidate, harass and show their power.
Related material Show all 11
- Detained in Dubai calls upon Australian business support for Hakeem Alaraibi, facing extradition to Bahrain
- “Bahrain assurances on Hakeem’s safety if extradited are not to be trusted” says Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai
- Radha Stirling, British barristers & human rights groups call for Interpol safeguards to protect refugees like Hakeem Alaraibi
Press Releases • Dec 23, 2018 08:16 GMT
Detention of Bahraini/Australian resident and pro footballer Hakeem AlAraibi in Thailand highlights Gulf state Interpol abuse. Extradition request by Bahrain against refugee who fled torture and political persecution exposes the trend of Interpol abuse by Gulf Arab countries who use financial contributions to influence the organisation’s procedures; Australia must intervene
Press Releases • Feb 26, 2018 17:44 GMT
Detained in Dubai announced the removal of two Interpol notices last week. In both cases, the reports should never have been issued in the first place and are the result of the systematic abuse of Interpol’s database by the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries.
Related material Show all 15
- Dubai bank raises Interpol Red Notice for bounced cheque leading to arrest of expat customer now facing extradition proceedings in Europe
- Brit Jonathan Castle one of thousands stuck in Dubai homelessness nightmare surviving on handouts because of unpayable debt in UAE.
- Paralysed British stroke victim “held hostage” in Dubai over business debt.