Tag / Justice
Press Releases • Jul 22, 2018 16:23 BST
India requests extradition of Christian Michel, after having breached international law in returning Princess Latifa to Dubai as a "favour" to strengthen diplomatic relations. But what is India doing to preserve the rights of Indians in the UAE who have been subject to wrongful imprisonment and human rights violations?
Press Releases • Feb 16, 2018 16:03 GMT
Parents of Asa Hutchinson, trapped in Dubai, seek Priti Patel’s support to bring her home following false allegations in the tourist hotspot
Related material Show all 17
- Distraught father pleas for IBM exec to drop charges against innocent daughter Asa Hutchinson
- UK based NGO Detained in Dubai celebrate 10 years of success
- Asa Hutchinson, British girl facing years in prison in Dubai for “witnessing someone else’s crime” was given choice of “signing legal documents written only in Arabic, or go straight to jail.”
Press Releases • Jan 30, 2018 15:45 GMT
Fitness professional Jordan Branford, 44, from Eugene, Oregon in the USA used the word “bitch” on Instagram, and is now facing 7 years in a harsh, notoriously violent desert jail. In the Middle Eastern state of Dubai, “bitch” can be interpreted as an offensive word, even when not directed at a specific person; and in the UAE is subject to criminal sanctions.
Related material Show all 18
- French national Reda Boulahdid and wife tell of blackmail ordeal by UAE customs officials
- Visitors to Dubai at “great risk” of being jailed under “cybercrime laws” that affect whatsapp, facebook, twitter.
- Brit Jonathan Castle one of thousands stuck in Dubai homelessness nightmare surviving on handouts because of unpayable debt in UAE.