Tag / stroke
Press Releases • Dec 06, 2017 09:46 GMT
71 year Malcolm Munroe, hospitalised after suffering a stroke in 2013 left him paralysed and bedridden, unable to move except for blinking. A string of misfortunes left him with debts he can never pay. Dubai’s legal system treats Malcolm as a criminal, detained until his debts are paid and he completes a 3 year jail sentence. Malcolm has no chance to pay those debts or survive the sentence.
Related material Show all 28
- Scottish court denies UAE extradition request of Edinburgh bus driver following expert testimony from Detained In Dubai’s Radha Stirling.
- Mentally ill American stroke victim "held hostage" in Dubai over missed debt instalments that he can never pay.
- Dubai releases Brit under international media pressure, but secretly place him on Interpol watch list.
Mentally ill American stroke victim "held hostage" in Dubai over missed debt instalments that he can never pay.
Press Releases • Nov 27, 2017 14:00 GMT
David Oliver, an American former university professor is a stroke victim with mental health issues. David lost his job teaching in the UAE and was left unable to keep up his loan payments. Now, at the age of 62, he has no money to pay, can't get another job in the UAE (ironically because of the police case against him for missing loan payments), and is forbidden to leave the UAE ever again
Related material Show all 21
- Scotsman Jamie Harron sentenced today to 3 months in Dubai jail for brushing up against man in crowded bar
- Jamie Harron has no court date for rude gesture charge. Parents to visit Jamie in Dubai but risk criminal charges under UAE cybercrime laws.
- Class action against UK Government for failing in 'duty of care' to British citizens in countries like the UAE