Press Releases • Mar 27, 2018 11:15 BST
French national Christian Elombo should be honoured for his role in helping Sheikha Latifa escape ‘years of abuse’ in Dubai; instead he is on trial in Oman for allegedly transporting the princess across the border. Human rights groups, led by Detained in Dubai call for his immediate release
Related material Show all 20
- Family says "Frenchman Christian Elombo detained in Oman in connection with Sheikha Latifa’s escape"
- Illegal seizure of the US flagged yacht carrying Sheikha Latifa on bid for asylum must be answered
- Family appeals for Finnish woman Tiina Jauhiainen confirmed missing from same yacht as Sheikha Latifa & Hervé Jaubert. Family’s urgent appeal for help and statement.
3 British Nationals arrested in 3 months in Europe on Interpol notices issued by UAE banks for minor unpaid credit card or loan payments
Press Releases • Sep 25, 2017 15:23 BST
Interpol is allowing itself to be illegally used as a debt collection agency by UAE banks. The UAE is a generous contributor to Interpol's coffers, having pledged $54 million in 2016. Brits who miss a credit card or loan payment and leave the country have their debt falsely classified as fraud by the UAE so they can list the defaulter with Interpol for the purposes of extradition.
Press Releases • Aug 06, 2017 17:03 BST
Is Interpol allowing wrongful detentions of travellers wanted by heavily donating Middle Eastern countries?
Related material Show all 12
- Trapped as Dubai dream goes sour. Brits stuck in homelessness nightmare surviving on handouts.
- Dubai expat business community anxious over theft of foreign investments
- Dubai bank raises Interpol Red Notice for bounced cheque leading to arrest of expat customer now facing extradition proceedings in Europe