Press Releases • Mar 16, 2018 13:34 GMT
Middle Eastern travel, investment and expat hotspot Dubai is under scrutiny for ongoing abuse of British citizens, wrongful imprisonments and human rights violations. Should Brits be putting themselves in jeopardy?
Related material Show all 30
- Guernica International Justice Chambers press statement on Sheikha Latifa & Hervé Jaubert case before the United Nations
- UK NGO ‘Detained in Dubai’, on behalf of clients Sheikha Latifa and Herve Jaubert, announces UNITED NATIONS COMPLAINT requesting urgent and immediate intervention.
- London NGO ‘Detained in Dubai’ protected by counter-terrorism unit following bomb threat spurred by missing persons report for Dubai princess
Press Releases • Dec 17, 2017 14:32 GMT
Edinburgh father Billy Barclay made worldwide headlines in September this year when he was detained for months in Dubai over an alleged fake £20 note. The case was dropped but Billy was held in Ras al Khamaih, away from his family. He spent his family’s life savings on legal and living expenses, before the British NGO Detained In Dubai secured his release via a worldwide media campaign.
Related material Show all 16
- Shock at eight month “spite jailing” of Malaysian national Richard Lau. Imprisoned in Dubai for receiving his wages.
- Paralysed British stroke victim “held hostage” in Dubai over business debt.
- Young British girl facing jail in Dubai for witnessing argument in hotel lobby, as actual suspects flee the country.
Top UAE lawyer calls for legal reforms after recent terrifying arrests of Brits Jamie Harron, Jamil Mukadam and Billy Barclay
Press Releases • Oct 09, 2017 12:18 BST
High profile arrests of British citizens for what are widely considered extremely marginal offences in Dubai have dominated media coverage for weeks. Top UAE lawyer Essam Al Tamimi has told press that the pace of legal reform is speeding up in the UAE. Detained In Dubai, the NGO campaigning for victims has expressed guarded optimism.
Related material Show all 34
Scottish family man Billy Barclay, accused of passing fake banknote, set to be released from UAE this evening.
Press Releases • Oct 04, 2017 15:55 BST
Related material Show all 25
- 3 British Nationals arrested in 3 months in Europe on Interpol notices issued by UAE banks for minor unpaid credit card or loan payments
- Former Leeds United GM, solicitor and businessman David Haigh gives evidence to the United nations over his torture in UAE jails
- Expats advised: Prepare properly if forced to leave debts in the UAE.