Press Releases • Sep 06, 2018 19:32 BST
Following widespread confusion regarding the alcohol laws in the UAE, the UK government has advised citizens that it is illegal for tourists to drink alcohol in the country or en route to the country.
Related material Show all 10
- London mum and 4 year old daughter jailed together in Dubai over mum’s glass of wine & offending immigration officer on holiday flight to the Emirates
- British/Irish grandfather’s UAE jail nightmare after disagreement with hotel staff over visiting friend
- Connor Clements, Brit jailed in Dubai for medical marijuana taken in UK, already detained over the holidays. Finds out in February if he will have to serve 2 year sentence in Middle Eastern Jail.
London mum and 4 year old daughter jailed together in Dubai over mum’s glass of wine & offending immigration officer on holiday flight to the Emirates
Press Releases • Aug 10, 2018 08:08 BST
Mother of 3, Swedish national and UK resident Dr Ellie Holman arrested on the July 13 for a glass of wine and offending an immigration officeron Emirates flight to Dubai. Immigration official questioned her about entry visa, and asked if she had drank alcohol.
Related material Show all 12
- Qatar’s Emir in UK as innocent Brit languishes in Doha jail over bounced cheques & falsified accusations
- British National facing extrajudicial extradition as UAE and India trade favours in wake of Latifa abduction
- Australia demands UAE respond to world's questions about missing princess & travel warnings for Aussies