Press release -
Department of Health: Statistical press notice NHS referral to treatment (RTT) times data - March 2010
· Data is being published on Referral to Treatment (RTT) times for patients who were treated during March 2010. In total, 351,000 admitted patients and 978,000 non-admitted patients, for whom English commissioners are responsible, completed their RTT pathway during March 2010.
· At the national level, 92.0% of admitted patients (measured on an adjusted basis) and 97.8% of non-admitted patients completed their RTT pathway within 18 weeks.
· Detailed tables can be found in Annex A. Tables 1a and 1b show proportions of patients seen within 18 weeks and data completeness by Strategic Health Authority (SHA) for admitted and non-admitted pathways. The performance standards for admitted patients (90% completed within 18 weeks) were met by all but two of the 10 SHAs (South East Coast and South Central SHAs), and non-admitted patients (95% completed within 18 weeks) were met by all 10 SHAs.
· Table 2 shows performance by treatment function. In March 2010, the admitted performance standard was met for all treatment functions except neurosurgery, oral surgery and trauma & orthopaedics, and the non-admitted standard was met for all treatment functions except neurosurgery.
· Detailed figures can be found in Annex A and via the following link: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Statistics/Performancedataandstatistics/ReferraltoTreatmentstatistics/index.htm
· Revisions to previously published data for the period October 2009 to February 2010 have also been published. Further details of the impact of the revisions can be found in Annex B.
Notes to editors
Full details of RTT data for individual organisations is available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Statistics/Performancedataandstatistics/ReferraltoTreatmentstatistics/index.htm
Press enquiries contact:
Department of Health
Telephone: 020 7210 5221
Knowledge and Intelligence
Department of Health
Room 4E63, Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7UE
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department
- referral to treatment