For the first time ever BLAST Pro Series will bring the newest and most spectacular live esports format to US.
On 13 April, 6 of the world's best Counter-Strike teams with some of esports' biggest stars will battle it out live on stage in Miami's Watsco Center for a total prize pool of 250,000 dollars.
The show has sold out in all arenas so far and tickets fir Miami go live February 20.
The BLAST experience
Watsco Center will be completely transformed to a state-of-the art digital battleground: From the iconic A-stage with all 6 teams playing live on the same time over the monstrous set-up with multiple jumbo screens, hundreds of moving lights and amazing surround sound to the event itself: It is live entertainment like you’ve never experienced before!
Jordi Roig, Executive Producer of BLAST Pro Series comments:
- BLAST Pro Series is the best of all live entertainment and sports formats in one. Miami will be our first first ever tournament in North America, and it will probably be the biggest live esports in US of 2019. Last week we opened the ticket sales for our São Paulo tournament and within hours the arena was completely sold out. We see this tendency all over the world, and eventhough BLAST in Miami will be the biggest esports event ever in Florida, we expect a completely packed arena afor the Saturday event.
BLAST's iconic stage and ability to create an electric atmosphere ensures the audience of nothing less than a fantastic display of esports entertainment.
The beginning of something amazing for live esports entertainment in the US
BLAST Pro Series Miami will be the first of its kind in the US but another BLAST-tournament is already on the drawing board for American fans in 2019.
The fast and exciting format exclusive to BLAST Pro Series is already well established and all shows have been sold out while millions have been watching online and on TV from all over the world.
Changing the face of digital live entertainment
BLAST Pro Series has reached new milestones on the global esports scene at an incredible pace and the ambition is to become world's most recognizable tournament brand due to its exhilarating format and attention to detail. The tournament and format is optimized for both streamning, broadcasting and live experience in the arena.
BLAST Pro Series aims to involve home soil favorites to maximize audience energy.
World's top 3 will clash in Miami
A total of 6 teams from the absolute top of professional Counter-Strike will be at BLAST Pro Series Miami and already now three teams have been announced. There's plenty of reason for the US crowd and for travelling fans to get excited.
Home town favourites Team Liquid is making their BLAST-debut on home turf. The US team is currently ranked 2nd in the world, only topped by Astralis, who's also coming to Miami together with the world's number 3; NaVi.
Jonathan "EliGE" Jablonowski, professional Counter-Strike player, Team Liquid:
- We've seen what BLAST Pro Series has delivered in other countries and we are incredibly excited to not only play on the amazing stage but do it on home soil in front of a packed arena. Playing in front of a home crowd is truly something special and I hope our fans in the US will show up in force, "EliGE" says.
BLAST Pro Series has sold out all tournaments in 2017, 18 and 19 so far.
The Liquid-Astralis rivalry brought the most intense grand finales of 2018.
- Astralis is no doubt the toughest match-up for us. They had the upper hand in most of 2018, but we put a stop to it in January, when we beat them in Los Angeles. When we meet again in BLAST Pro Series Miami I have no doubt it will be an intense fight but hopefully our fans will help us in taking another win, Jonathan "EliGE" Jablobnowski says and adds:
- The crowd at the BLAST Pro Series tournaments have been amazing and the format enables everybody to watch all games in the arena. I am sure the Miami event will be something truly unique, not just for the hardcore fans, but for everybody in the arena!
Fans in the arena will also have the chance to get up close with the best individual player in the entire world, Aleksandr "s1mple" Kostyliev, and his Russian and Ukranian teammates in Na'Vi.
Jonathan "EliGE" Jablonowski comments:
- Not only do we have to take down the best team in the world, we have to deal with the 3rd best as well as three other top teams. BLAST Pro Series Miami will be the biggest and most prestigious tournament in the US in 2019 and we need the full power of our fans to help us. If you're a Counter-Strike fan or just curious, you're not going to want to miss this, says "EliGE".
Both format, design and communications around BLAST Pro Series is unique, and with a much broader mainstream appeal, the tournament and broadcasts has already broken several viewership records. Audience, stream and TV viewers alike are guaranteed an inclusive and unforgetable experience.
Tickets go on sale February 20th via Ticketmaster.
About RFRSH Entertainment
Established in Copenhagen in 2016, RFRSH Entertainment is an esports entertainment and media production house with offices in Copenhagen and London. RFRSH Entertainment has created, owns and operates the international Counter-Strike Tournament BLAST Pro Series and runs the commercial management and performance optimization for Astralis, the world’s number 1 Counter-Strike team, and the League of Legends team Origen. We are a new breed of esports professionals striving relentlessly to lift and open the scene into a new place, relevant to a broader audience from a base deeply rooted in the esports history and culture.