Skip to main content

Duni launches ecoecho® bagasse boxes and bowls

Press Release   •   Feb 17, 2016 12:45 GMT

The matching ecoecho® boxes and bowls meet growing demand from deli and take-away managers for eco-conscious and user-friendly ‘to-go’ solutions. This is being driven by the growing trend for consumers to choose businesses that uphold sustainable values.

The Duni ecoecho® range offers a selection of the best eco-conscious materials available. It reflects that Duni is committed to leading the market with high-quality sustainable products while reducing its CO2 footprint.

Meets strong market appetite for sustainable solutions

Olof Persson, Category Manager at Duni: “Our customers tell us they want to be able to present their entire offering as sustainable. We are launching these new ecoecho® bagasse boxes and bowls to help them do just that.”

Made from top-quality, eco-conscious materials

The bases of the boxes are made from compostable bagasse, which is produced using surplus material from sugar production. Due to its functionality and eco-profile, bagasse is used in an increasing number of Duni products.

Both the boxes and bowls feature crystal clear lids made from rPET. The rPET Duni uses contains 80% recycled plastic - the other 20% is made from virgin plastic in order to meet food safety regulations.

Duni is a leading supplier of innovative table-setting concepts and packaging solutions.

Our brand is built on the belief that every meal represents a golden opportunity for people to enjoy each other's. That is why we have made it our business to bring goodfoodmood to where people meet and eat.

Our products are found in over 40 markets and enjoy a number one position in Central and Northern Europe. We have about 2,100 employees in 18 countries. Our headquarters are in Malmö and our production units are in Sweden, Germany and Poland. The company is listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm.