Ahead of the world leading photo festival Visa Pour L’Image, Canon makes a big shout out to all up-and-coming photographers. The Canon Student program Visa Pour L’image is now on and applications can be submitted.
Visa Pour I’image
Again this year, Canon Europe has tailored a student program that takes place in a 2020 edition of Visa Pour's image and sponsored exclusively by Canon Europe. This is to show our continued dedication to photography and support not only existing professionals and prosumers, but also nurture the next generation of photographers in a shared passion, helping them to tell the greatest stories.
Visa Pour I'image - Student program
- 210 Photography Students from across Europe will attend the Canon Professional Development programme during the 2020 edition of Visa pour l’image 2020.
- Each student will be hosted for three days with their travel, accommodation and meals paid for by Canon.
- Key activities will include dedicated workshops carried out by Canon Ambassadors and industry professionals, portfolio reviews, evening screenings, access to exhibitions and networking opportunities.
- With a focus on visual storytelling to elevate the impact of narratives and aid the development of the authorial signature, the initiative aims to offer a wide range of opinions and perspectives, promoting constructive debate over trends and developments in the imaging Industry.
- All participating students and their teachers have the opportunity to build a relationship with the relevant national Canon organisation.
How to participate
- Entries must be completed by 15 April 2020 via submission at: www.canon-europe.com/student
- A dedicated panel will review entries and select participating students by 30 April 2020.
- On April 30th selected Students will be notified by the Canon organization over the outcome of the Panel and eligibility to the Programme. Canon will maintain close communication with the admitted Students through an online registration management tool so we can book their travel and finalize their accommodation.
- Students eligible need to confirm their participation within May 10th and provide proof of enrollment in the academic year 2019-2020. In June, together with the detail of their travel arrangements, guidelines will be distributed to help prepare for the portfolio reviews.
- Students eligible, who will require a travel visa to France will receive an invite letter. In case evidence of the travel visa is not forwarded to the Canon organization by the Student within July 10th 2020, the term of participation to the competition lapses*.
- The final agenda for the three-day Programme will be shared with the participating students on 25 August 2020, prior to the start of Visa pour l’Image 2020
*Upon request Canon will provide the invitation letter for the application of the Schengen visa, however the student will need to bear the costs of the procedure at the consular office.
For more information about the Canon Professional Development Programme 2020, please click here.
For more information about Visa Pour L’Image, please click here.