Packed with statistics, key facts and detailed descriptions of shopping districts in Stockholm, the Swedish retail guide has landed. For everyone considering entering the Stockholm retail market, this guide saves weeks of market research.
“This is the 5th year that we are producing the retail guide. We understand that it has become of great importance for many actors in the industry and that it makes life a lot easier for international retailers interested in Stockholm. They often tell me, 'I wish there were similar guides for all markets'", says Karin Strassburg, Business Development Manager for Retail at Invest Stockholm.
There is, however, a great chance that the retail investor who reads the guide will find few reasons to consider other markets before the Swedish one.
"With strong purchasing power, a stable economy and a transparent market, many international brands have entered the Stockholm market and there is a strong demand for many more", explains Karin Strassburg, whose job it is to assist international retailers establish in Stockholm.
So what are the top 10 reasons to take a closer look at Stockholm?
1. It's a top performing economy in Europe
2. Stockholmers are trendsetters with high purchasing power
3. Stockholm has had strong retail sales growth for 20 consecutive years
4. It's a transparent market where it's easy to do business
5. There is a strong appetite for new international retail brands
6. Sweden represents the largest market in the Nordic region
7. Stockholm has a high population growth and a large, well-educated middle class
8. There is availability of attractive retail space
9. Stockholm is a well established test market
10. We offer to help you enter!
About Retail Guide Sweden:
Retail Guide Sweden is a publication describing retail opportunities in Sweden. The purpose of the guide is to give an overview and assist international retailers in evaluating an entry into our dynamic market. It contains statistics, key facts, descriptions of shopping districts, and many other pieces of information tailored for the international retail investor.
Retail Guide Sweden has been developed in joint collaboration between the regional investment promotion agencies of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö, the Stockholm City Center Partnership and Business Sweden.
About Invest Stockholm
Invest Stockholm is the official investment promotion agency of Stockholm. We work with the marketing and development of the Stockholm region as a business destination under the brand Stockholm – The Capital of Scandinavia. Invest Stockholm is a subsidiary of Stockholm Business Region, owned by the city of Stockholm.