The Famous Grouse setter ny verdensrekord
Det ble satt mange nye verdensrekorder under OL i London. En ny rekord ble satt nord for grensen da The Famous Grouse avdekket verdens største whiskyflaske med 228 liter blended whisky. Skottlands favorittwhisky ble tildelt Guinness World Record prisen av en offisiell representant foran mange fans under merkets bursdagsfeiring søndag 12. august.
Rekorden ble satt på markeringen av The Famous Grouse sin 107. bursdag og 10 - års markeringen for åpningen av The Famous Grouse Experience ved Glenturret Distillery, Skottlands eldste og mest besøkte destilleri.
Målet var å overstige den tidligere rekorden til 200 liter, hvilket gikk med god margin.
Flasken inneholder 9120 drammer med whisky. Det tok 3 timer å fylle den enorme flasken med hjelp fra mange VIP gjester og fans av The Famous Grouse. Flasken vil nå være stolt plassert på utstilling foran The Famous Grouse Experience slik at gjester som besøker destilleriet kan ta en nærmere titt.
Flasken har reist over 1,200 miles fra Svetla, en by i nærheten av Praha. Der ble den håndlaget av den tsjekkiske glassfabrikanten BOMMA. Den tsjekkiske fabrikanten ble håndplukket til oppgaven av The Famous Grouse som de eneste med kompetanse til å håndblåse en flaske av denne størrelsen.
The Famous Grouse overtar dermed rekorden fra Jack Daniel’s som entret Guinness World Record Book i fjor med en flaske som inneholdt 184 liter.
Please enjoy our whisky responsibly.
For further information on The Famous Grouse contact:
Mhairi De Luca/Katrina Drew The BIG Partnership.
NOTES TO EDITOR
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the no. 1 whisky in Scotland and no. 6 blended whisky worldwide.
- The Famous Grouse has been the best selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand. The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today.
The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland. (www.thefamousgrouse.com/experience)
About The Famous Grouse Experience
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (receiving an average of 100,000 visitors a year).
- The distillery offers the opportunity to learn about how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning about where some of the Glenturret single malt ends up – in the blending of The Famous Grouse.
- Not only is The Experience an attraction for tourists, offering three types of tours – ‘The Experience’, ‘The Celebration Tour’ and ‘Warehouse no. 9’ – as well as a cafe and shop, it also caters for corporate functions and private hire. The Experience has conference facilities for team meetings and away days and can be used in the evenings for events catering for up to 275 (248 seated).
- The visitor attraction has received a number of prestigious awards in recent years including two Regional Thistle Awards 2012 for Training & Development and Best Visitor Attraction, and three consecutive Thistle Awards in 2007, 2008 and 2009, for People Development, Customer Service and Business Tourism respectively. In addition to this it has been awarded Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Star Awards for Customer Service and Retail in November 2008, Customer Service in 2009 and Training and Development in 2011.
- Opening Hours 9am – 6pm. First Tour 9.30am & Last Tour 4.30pm. Tours from £7.50. Children under 12 go free. For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouse.com/visit-us or call 01764 656565.
- Originally operating under the name Bohemia Machine Glass, BOMMA introduced its initial collections at the Ambiente Fair in 2010.
- Bohemia Machine s.r.o. was founded in 1992.
- BOMMA’s designs were added to the permanent collection of the Museum of Arts and Design in New York.
- Winner of the Chief Editors’ Award at the Designblok exhibition in the Czech Republic in 2011.
- Nominated as one of the top three manufacturers of the year in the Czech Grand Design competition.
- Their style is characterized by the effort to combine traditional handmade production with latest technologies.
- Crystal collections introduced under the brand name BOMMA include the work of leading Czech glass artists like František Vízner and Vratislav Šotola.
- For more information please visit http://www.bomma.cz/en/main.