Green Mountain, one of the world’s greenest operators of high security, robust wholesale colocation data centres, has been shortlisted for three awards at the upcoming DCS Awards. The DCS awards are designed to reward the product designers, manufacturers, suppliers and providers operating in data centre arena.
Green Mountain has been nominated in the following three categories:
- Excellence in Data Centre Services Award
- Data Centre Hosting/co-location Supplier of the Year
- Data Centre Manager of the Year – Ole Sten Volland
The strongest arguments supporting the two first nominations include Green Mountain’s ability to;
- set a green standard in the industry - being the most energy-efficient data centre in the market with 100% renewable energy (hydropower) and close to zero CO2 footprints.
- deliver a service level of 100% uptime with up to Tier III resilience - since the first day of operation.
- deliver high customer satisfaction – our customers give us excellent feedback and scores in our annual customer satisfaction survey. (5.9 out of 6)
- deliver world-class security - the security system and our standard operational practices are in accordance with ISO 9001/14001/27001.
- develop a DCIM-tool that offers customers access to real-time and historical data about the data centre environment with 100% transparency.
The nomination for Data Centre manager of the Year is a special recognition of Green Mountain’s Chief Technology Officer, Ole Sten Volland. In 2018, he has been handling two parallel 2,5 MW development projects at two different locations, with different framework conditions and at a tight schedule. At the same time, he has been an ambassador in the local community, an effective decision-maker and an emphatic leader.
“We are very honored to be nominated in these three categories, it is a great recognition of Green Mountain and the way we work.”, says Chief Sales Officer of Green Mountain, Svein Atle Hagaseth.
For further information and voting for the DCS Awards, please click here. Voting for shortlisted categories is open until 3rd May, and the award ceremony will be held in London on May16.
Green Mountain AS design build and operate high security, robust wholesale colocation data centres.
Green Mountain currently have two data centers in Norway with plans to develop in other regions.
The data centres operate on 100% low cost renewable power and use of free cooling creating unique power efficiency.
The data centre near Stavanger (DC1-Stavanger) is built deep inside a mountain in a former high
security NATO ammunition store.
The data centre in Telemark (DC2-Telemark) is in the ‘cradle of hydro power’ in Norway with multiple local hydro power plants.
Green Mountain are one of the largest operators in the sector in Norway with clients in finance, IT service providers, Government, Health, O&G and others.
Learn more about Green Mountain: www.greenmountain.no