ABB and the Nobel Peace Center have signed a new three-year agreement on collaboration. ABB continues its long and dedicated support as one of the main sponsors of the Nobel Peace Center.
“In order to make good exhibitions and an engaging visitor’s programme, we depend on dedicated, long term sponsors. We are happy to continue the good cooperation we have had with ABB since 2010. ABB is an exciting, worldwide company that plays an important role in communicating the message about peace and the Nobel Peace Prize”, said says executive Director Liv Tørres of the Nobel Peace Center.
The Nobel Peace Center tells the story of the Nobel Peace Prize, the Peace Prize laureates and their work, and is also an arena for debate about themes related to war, peace and conflict solution. Since the opening in 2005, the center has been financed through funding from the Ministry of Culture, own income and sponsorships. The other main sponsors of the center are Telenor Group and Hydro.
ABB is a leading global technology company in power and automation, with more than 135 000 employees in 100 countries.
-“We are happy to that we for the third time can sign a three year agreement with the Nobel Peace Center for the third time”, said says Executive Director Steffen Waal in ABB AS. –“The Nobel Peace Center is a place where the work of the Peace Prize laureates is appreciated, and which also reminds us about the important work that is being done all over the world for freedom, democracy and the environment. It has become a national arena, with an international reach, and its message that is easy to support”.
Facts about the Nobel Peace Center
- one of Norway's most visited museums with 248,266 visitors in 2015
- presents the Nobel Peace Prize laureates and their work, in addition to telling the story of Alfred Nobel
- is an arena for debate and reflection around topics such as war, peace and conflict resolution
- is internationally recognized for its emphasis on documentary photography and interactive technology
- presents changing exhibitions, engaging digital solutions, films, seminars and events
- is an independent foundation, with the Norwegian Nobel Committee appointing the board
- Olav Njølstad is the leader of the board, Liv Tørres is the Executive Director
- is financed by a combination of public and private funds
- the main sponsors and collaborating partners are Hydro, Telenor Group and ABB