We are looking for English Language Trainers to provide high quality English language training at our centers in Bago, Bacolod and Manila (you may indicate in your application your preferred place of work).
- You love teaching English language to young adults, many of whom are out-of-school youths. Most of what you will do on a daily basis is to work with our students to improve their English Language skills, knowing that with those language skills they will have a high chance of life-changing employment
- You love to share your knowledge with fellow trainers and help us build a better English Language curriculum. At BagoSphere, learning is extremely valued by the team.
- You love the challenge of working with a diverse team who is equally passionate as you in teaching disadvantaged, young people.
- You love to build stuff. You will not just be a normal employee. You will have huge impact on the development of our programs and the opportunity to see them scale as we grow in the near future.
Things you will do:
You will be working both independently and in collaboration with the Director of Studies, Training Leads, Mentors and other Trainers to:
1. Provide high quality English language training to students
a. Deliver Far-Hire Training which includes Communication Skills (i.e. reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, culture) that will improve language skills of students as well as basic computer and typing skills and Life Skills as well as Family Planning*.
*Teacher Training is provided for newly on-boarded trainers
b. Systematically track students’ learning progress. Data is essential for on-going development and improvement of our program.
c. Coach and feedback students on performance and provide them professional and personal guidance.
d. Oversee the maintenance and monitoring of the training environment in meeting health, safety, and quality standards
e. Working with the DOS, Training Leads, Mentors and Trainers to contribute to the review and evaluation of training programs, policies, and procedures
3. On-going Trainer Development
- a.You will be trained up in best practices for teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (e.g. delivery approaches, developmental theories, classroom management strategies)
- b.On-going feedback and trainer development is provided
4. Opportunities for Advancement:
- a.Trainer Mentors: overseeing and carrying out training standards by providing observations for junior trainers in their classes and provide guidance and feedback on trainers’ performance
- b.Training Leads: opportunities to grow with the company and to manage your own team of trainers
Job Requirements - Minimum Requirements:
-A basic degree in Education, English or related field
-Must have a high proficiency in English
-Have at least 2 years of work experience teaching language to adult learners
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
-Knowledge of or experience in call-center-related work
Not Required but Highly Preferred:
-A TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification (i.e. must be at least 120 hours of instruction with at least 10 hours of teaching practicum.
-Background in Research (i.e. statistical analysis)
-Experience in developing curriculum for L2 speakers of English
What You Will Get:
- Competitive Salary
- The opportunity to do something ground-breaking that will impact the lives of thousands of youths and their families
- Also you will get many opportunities to work with partner companies in Manila and Singapore. You will constantly get opportunities to network with our advisors and mentors.
- Learning: You believe that “In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few.”
- Courage: You believe that every failure opens a door of opportunity to learn. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You take smart risks. You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- Communication: You listen well, instead of reacting fast. You value kindness from each member of our team and respect them independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- Impact: You accomplish amazing work. You demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely on you.
- Innovation: You challenge the status-quo. You discover practical solutions to hard problems. You create new ideas.
- Selflessness: You seek what is best for BagoSphere, rather than best for yourself. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You help your colleagues.
For more information about BagoSphere, please visit:
Our website: http://www.bagosphere.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/bagosphere
Channel News Asia’s documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEB18rqB1gE