Accumulate and Sustainable Innovation shows how to fast and easy pay for recharging of electric cars using your mobile phone.
Almedalen, Visby, Sweden – July 5, 2010. At this year’s Almedalen Week, Accumulate and Sust (Sustainable Innovation) show cases how to fast and easy pay for recharging of electric cars. Via a highly secure mobile application the user simply upload the amount or desired amount of time for charging directly to the power pole. This is done in real-time communication between the mobile application and the charging station. The charging stations are delivered by Fagerhult.
The mobile payment solution is part of the project Bilel with the aim of facilitating the introduction and use of rechargeable electric vehicles. The project is supported by the Swedish Energy Agency.
– For the recharging of vehicles we need a secure, easy and cheap alternative for payments instead of using cash and cards. The smartest and most cost effective way we've tested so far is Accumulate’s solution, where customers quickly and easily can pay with their mobile, says Robert Roos, project leader at Sustainable Innovation.
Vendor of the payment service is PayEx who has built its solution, PayEx Mobile, based on Accumulates mobile security platform for mobile payments and mobile security. Since June 2009 you can pay securely with your mobile phone at over 50 merchants in Visby and the surrounding area and at selected merchants in Stockholm and Uppsala. More merchants are added continuously.
– The charging station are communicating with our payment solutions in real-time. The concept is similar to how we handle purchases in vending machines and is ideal for mobile payments. In addition of reducing the need and handling of cash, it is much cheaper and more secure than for example SMS payments. With our mobile payment solution all payment situations are covered, point of sale, online, person-to-person, vending machines and now also for recharging, says Stefan Hultberg, CEO of Accumulate.
How it works
- The customer starts his PayEx Mobile application on the mobile phone.
- On the charging station there is an ID number that is entered along with the amount/charging time.
- The transaction is displayed in the mobile and the customer accepts by pressing OK, done.
Information on transactions and balances are shown via a simple menu selection on the mobile. The mobile payment service works on all mobiles and with all operators subscription types.
Stefan Hultberg, +46 70 350 5704, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Roos, +46 76 628 5610, email@example.com.
Sustainable Innovation in Sverige AB (Sust) is a national center for energy efficiency in everyday life. The main objective is to contribute to the development of Swedish business in the area through commercialization of new technologies. Read more http://www.sust.se/.
PayEx are the foremost experts in payments within the Nordic countries. The over six hundred employees are motivated, inquisitive and innovative. Since 1972, PayEx have developed a vast expertise within payment services for internet and mobile trade, rating/billing, invoice and ledger management, collections, and credit management. Read more at www.payex.com.
Accumulate is a leading company in mobile payment and mobile security solutions. Examples are mobile payment, secure login, secure identification and secure card payments. With its patented OTT technology (One Time Ticket) the company helps enterprises with cost effective security and payments services using the mobile as security token.
For more information visit www.accumulate.se.