- Revenue for the year was SEK 49.2 (31.2) million
- EBITDA for the year amounted to SEK 11.6 (-0.1) million
- Net result amounted to SEK 3.1 (-10.1) million
- Cash flow from current operations was SEK 8.7 (-3.4) million
Key Corporate Highlights
- Business development activities secured three new collaborations during 2012. The Company announced its first clinical stage collaboration focused on the development of a HER2-targeted PET imaging agent together with GE Healthcare. A multi-target collaboration focused on IL-1 biology was entered into together with Swedish Orphan Biovitrum. Finally, Affibody and Creative Antibiotics signed an agreement to develop pharmaceutical candidates targeting gram negative bacteria.
- The clinical development of the HER2-binding Affibody® imaging agent ABY-025 has continued with CTA filings in Denmark and Sweden.
- The Affibody® technology has been presented at scientific conferences, including PepTalk, Proteins Congress, Next Generation Protein Therapeutics Summit, and PEGS Europe, to further increase the visibility in the international arena.
David Bejker CEO, said: “Looking back at 2012 we have seen a solid revenue growth which has led to improved finances. This will allow Affibody to invest in a controlled expansion during 2013. Both our partnered projects and our internal projects have advanced significantly during the year and no less than nine new patent applications have been filed. The new collaborations we entered into during 2012 will provide an interesting platform for growth in the years to come.”
Affibody is a Swedish biotech company focused on developing next generation biopharmaceuticals based on its unique proprietary technology platforms: Affibody® molecules and Albumod™.
Affibody is developing a portfolio of innovative drug projects and, in addition, offers the half-life extension technology, Albumod™, for outlicensing.
Affibody has ongoing commercial relationships with several companies including Algeta, Amylin, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum, GE, and Thermo Fisher.
Affibody was founded in 1998 by researchers from the Royal Institute of Technology and the Karolinska Institute and is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Major shareholders in the Company include HealthCap and Investor Growth Capital.
Further information can be found at: www.affibody.com