Over the past few years, Connect2Capital has grown and the number of attendees continues to rise. We are fortunate to have many interesting and talented participants. Sam Manaberi, CEO/Co-founder of TRINE, took the time to talk with us about why Connect2Capital is valuable for him. TRINE has recently been featured on CNN and BBC. Let’s see what Sam had to say:
Why are you returning to C2C this year?
- This will be my 3rd consecutive year attending. I’m there to meet the most interesting investors, startups and talent in the region to build TRINE.
What value do you see for attendees?
- Accelerated path to funding.
What has been your biggest success so far?
- Since last years C2C we launched our digital investment platform and have till date funded projects that will provide more than 40000 people in emerging market clean afford solar electricity.
What do you hope to accomplish at Connect2Capital this year?
- Spread the latest of TRINE to relevant investor and close our funding round to expand globally.
- 1.2 billion people globally lack access to electricity and rely on the traditional use of dirty fuels such as kerosene. Every single day, millions of children inhale the equivalence of smoking two packets of cigarettes whilst studying in such environments. TRINE is the leading digital investment platform to help people locate and fund profitable solar energy projects in emerging markets. Investments enable the spread of solar energy by providing working capital to TRINE’s solar partners, who are then able to offer affordable solar electricity to the local communities. This helps to relieve the pressure of up-front costs, whilst encouraging people to abandon the traditional use of expensive and harmful fuels. We bring solar energy to the 1.2 billion people in need of access to electricity and make it easy for people to make a social and environmental impact while also earning a return on their investment.
Connect2Capital is the venue that offers growth companies, investors and other actors in funding the ideal place to meet in an efficient and inspiring way. The forum is featuring emerging technology companies across various streams such as ICT, Industry, Life Sciences Technology and more. Gothenburg is located in an exciting region at the center of northern European regional growth and development by connecting Oslo and Copenhagen in the heart of western Sweden.
During two days we facilitate growth by providing matchmaking and pre-booked meetings. The program contains a wide range of keynotes discussing present trends and success stories, and for the third year in a row we're teaming up with Startup Grind to bring you a truly relevant event.