Compact Version of Popular harman kardon Go + Play™ Portable Sound Dock Offers Great Sound on the Go and at Home
Astonishing 2.1-channel audio and video for iPod and iPhone devices
HARMAN International (www.harman.com) has announced a new addition to the best-selling harman kardon Go + Play™ family with the new harman kardon Go + Play Micro.
The harman kardon Go + Play Micro is a one-piece, 2.1-channel iPhone and iPod dock, and features a built-in subwoofer for extraordinary sound quality. Standing out with a chic finish and angled front baffle for easy access to an iPhone or iPod device, the harman kardon Go + Play Micro is perfect for on-the-road travel or a day out at the beach. It blasts astonishing sound through four Odyssey® drivers and an Atlas™ bass driver, all of which produce clear trebles and powerful bass true to the harman kardon legacy.
Whilst it remains focused on pristine sound, power and mobility, one of the hottest features of the harman kardon Go + Play Micro is that it can stream video from Web sites such as YouTube from a user’s iPhone or iPod device directly to his or her television with a composite-video connection. Also, the harman kardon Go + Play Micro is one of the few iPhone docks on the market that has the capability to sync an iPod or iPhone device directly to a computer through a USB connection when it is docked.
Eight C batteries allow users to bring the harman kardon Go + Play Micro anywhere, providing up to 18 hours of continuous music playback and an eco-friendly “sleep” feature for conserving battery life. An AC power adapter allows consumers to enjoy their favourite tunes from the convenience of their kitchen, desk or home gym.
The harman kardon Go + Play Micro will be available in September 2010 for a retail price of €299 in Europe.
Product Features and Technical Specifications
- Digital signal processing (DSP): Computer-optimised equalisation (COE) improves system dynamics, and optimised compression topology (OCT) ensures clear, low-distortion sound at high output levels.
- Bi-amplification: The woofer and tweeters are independently amplified for exceptional richness and clarity of sound.
- Advanced transducers: The Atlas woofer produces extended bass performance with minimal distortion, and Odyssey tweeters project musical details over a wide listening area.
- IR remote control: The remote control directs basic system operations and most iPod/iPhone functions from up to 4.5m (15 ft) away.
- Drivers: One Atlas and four Odyssey transducers
- Power: Tweeters: 2 x 15 watts @ 1% THD; woofer: 1 x 30 watts @ 1% THD
- Frequency response: 70Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 85dB
- Input impedance: 10k ohms
- Battery type: 8 x type C alkaline batteries
- Power supply input voltage: 100 – 240V AC
- Power supply output voltage: 24V DC @ 2.3A
- Dimensions: 500mm x 230mm x 240mm (20" x 9" x 9-1/2")
- Weight: 3.9kg (8.6 lb)
For specifications and pictures see attached documents
For more information contact:
+45 26 40 26 41
For product information contact:
+45 40 63 24 34
+46 (0)70 430 49 44
+ 47 90 05 12 26
+358 405 371 072
HARMAN (www.harman.com <http://www.harman.com> ) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,000 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010. The company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
© 2010 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Becker, BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Odyssey, Revel and Soundcraft are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Studer is a trademark of Studer Professional Audio GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Atlas and harman kardon Go + Play are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. iPhone and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod and iPhone not included. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.