harman kardon® Home Theatre System HKTS 60 Wins European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Product of the Year Award
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), has announced that the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has named the harman kardon® HKTS 60 ‘Best Product of the Year’ for the audio and home theatre loudspeaker category.
The prestigious EISA Awards are chosen annually by panels representing nearly 50 of the most prominent photo, video, audio, home theatre and mobile electronics magazines from over 18 European countries. Every year, the EISA Awards applaud the newest products on the market that combine the most advanced technology, the most desirable features, the ultimate expression of design, the most satisfying ergonomics and the greatest value for their price.
‘We are excited that EISA has chosen to honour the harman kardon HKTS 60 as product of the year’, said Thijs Linthorst, general manager, EMEA, HARMAN. ‘This award is synonymous with excellence in the consumer electronics industry, and we truly believe that our newest home theatre system delivers exactly this – with premium style, world-class audio engineering and breathtaking design’.
The harman kardon HKTS 60 is a 5.1-channel speaker package that takes your movies one step closer to reality. Dual flat-panel midrange drivers in the satellite and centre speakers help reduce distortion and unwanted reflections, so movie dialogue, music and sound effects sound rich, clear and realistic. The 200-watt subwoofer is powerful enough to bring you right into the film’s action, yet it is compact and unobtrusive enough to fit just about anywhere. The harman kardon HKTS 60 is available now for $1,199 in the United States and €999 in Europe, and £799.99 in the UK.
For more information, visit the harman kardon Web site at www.harmankardon.com.
- Recommended amplifier power: 10W – 120W
- Four identical, video-shielded, 2-1/2-way dual-driver satellites and matching centre speaker, with two 3" honeycomb flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and a 1" aluminium dome tweeter
- 200-watt, sealed powered subwoofer with an 8" driver
- Improved sound power and system directivity through the use of a two-way crossover network and flat-baffle, honeycomb drivers with a carbon-fiber skin
- Equipped with a special LFE (low-frequency effects) input that simplifies connection to receivers and preamp/processors with dedicated subwoofer outputs that carry low-frequency signals
- Line-level inputs
Ease of Use
- Cables included to connect all of the speakers to your receiver or preamp/processor and amplifier
- Phase switch for fine-tuning bass response to suit your listening environment and taste
- Removable bases and wall-mount brackets for the satellite speakers and a wall-mount bracket for the centre speaker
- Music-sense trigger to sense the presence of an audio signal and switch the subwoofer from Standby mode to On automatically
- Level control to increase or decrease the subwoofer’s volume level
- Bass-boost switch to enhance the subwoofer’s low-frequency performance
- Optional HTFS 3 floor stand available
- Subwoofer trigger input
- High-quality push terminals for easy loudspeaker wire connections
For specifications and pictures see attached documents.
For more information contact:
+45 26 40 26 41
For product information contact:
+45 40 63 24 34
+46 (0)70 430 49 44
+ 47 90 05 12 26
+358 405 371 072
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (www.harman.com), designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment products for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. HARMAN maintains a strong presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia, and employs more than 10,000 people worldwide. The HARMAN family of brands includes AKG, HARMAN/Becker, BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel, Soundcraft and Studer. HARMAN’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE symbol ‘HAR.’
© 2010 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, HARMAN/Becker, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Revel and Soundcraft are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Studer is a trademark of Studer Professional Audio GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries.