harman kardon® SB 16 Delivers Home Cinema, Without the Wires
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (www.harman.com), has announced its new home cinema soundbar system, the harman kardon® SB 16, which offers an elegant and far simpler alternative to traditional home theatre installations.
Not every household can accommodate the traditional set-up of five loudspeakers, one subwoofer and lots of speaker wire. As TV sets become thinner and the sound quality becomes comprised, the harman kardon® SB 16 soundbar offers the ideal solution, with its elegantly designed single amplified loudspeaker unit and a wireless subwoofer that can be placed anywhere in the room without wires on view.
The SB 16 connects any audio or video source, including the very latest flat-panel TVs, through any of the two digital inputs (coaxial or optical) or its analogue audio input, and significantly improves a TV’s audio performance.
Easy to use and install, the SB 16 is designed to utilise your existing TV remote control to access volume, power and source commands, which enables you to control your whole system using just one handset. An EQ switch lets you adjust the soundbar’s bass for wall or table mounting to deliver the most natural-sounding bass performance in any installation.
The system offers traditional stereo playback or realistic 3-D surround-sound processing and delivers true harman kardon performance with the absolute minimum number of components – and no wires in (or out of) sight.
The SB 16 delivers superb sonic performance through its 100W wireless, powered 10-inch (250mm) subwoofer and two-way left and right soundbar speakers with dual midrange drivers. The unit has a system frequency response range of 50Hz to 20kHz.
The unit features adjustable subwoofer crossover, which lets you achieve a smooth transition of bass between the subwoofer and the soundbar for a variety of different rooms and subwoofer locations. A phase switch lets you fine-tune bass performance for your listening environment and taste, whilst subwoofer-level control lets you achieve the best balance between the subwoofer and soundbar for a variety of different rooms.
Stereo analogue-audio, coaxial digital and optical digital inputs allow you to connect the SB 16’s stereo analogue, digital and optical outputs to your TV, DVD player or cable/satellite tuner.
The harman kardon SB 16 is available now in Europe for €699.
- Soundbar includes two-way, dual-driver left and right soundbar speaker modules, each with two 75mm (3-inch) midrange drivers and a 19mm (3/4-inch) dome tweeter, video-shielded wireless, 100-watt, powered subwoofer with a 250mm (10-inch) driver in a ported enclosure
- Soundbar amplifier power: 25W x 2 into 8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, at <0.07% THD, with both channels driven simultaneously
- System frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D) and weight – Centre: 110mm x 920mm x 89mm (4-5/16" x 36-1/4" x 3-1/2"); 3.6kg (8 lb) subwoofer: 480mm x 380mm x 380mm (18-7/8" x 13-3/8" x 13-3/8"); 15.0kg (33 lb)
- 3-D Dolby® Virtual Speaker surround mode that creates a complete surround-sound experience without any extra speakers or wires
- Two-channel stereo mode for traditional stereo playback
- One stereo analogue-audio input to connect the SB 16’s stereo analogue outputs to your TV, DVD player or cable/satellite tuner
- One coaxial digital input to connect the SB 16’s digital output of your TV, DVD player or cable/satellite tuner
- One optical digital input to connect the SB 16’s optical output of your TV, DVD player or cable/satellite tuner
For pictures see attached documents.
For more information contact:
+45 26 40 26 41
For product information contact:
+45 40 63 24 34
+46 (0)70 430 49 44
+ 47 90 05 12 26
+358 405 371 072
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, harman kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,000 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.4 billion for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2010. The company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
© 2010 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Infinity, harman kardon, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.