CTF, Service Research Center at Karlstad University, Sweden, is one of the world´s leading research centers focusing on service management and value creation through service. We develop and conduct research projects in close collaboration with service businesses, manufacturing companies, and public-service providers. Our newsletter will keep you updated on our research activities.
LARS E. OLSSON PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY
Happiness, experiences and sustainable development are the focus of Lars E. Olsson's research. He is a researcher at CTF, Service Research Center, and since June 1st Professor of Psychology and Head of Discipline. Read more.
NEW BOOK FOCUSES ON CHILDREN'S TRAVEL AND WELL-BEING
In October, a new book on how children's well-being is affected by how they travel is released. The book conveys an overall picture of the complexity of everyday travel and children's well-being. "Our book highlights the physical effects of transportation, and the psychological and social role that everyday travel has for children’s well-being and development," says Margareta Friman, Professor of Psychology and Co-editor. Read more.
JÖRG PAREIGIS NEW HEAD OF CENTRE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING
CTF researcher Jörg Pareigis, has been appointed as Head of Centre for Teaching and Learning at Karlstad University. Read more.
PETTER FALK, NEW INDUSTRIAL PHD STUDENT
We are happy to welcome Petter Falk, who has joined CTF as a new Industrial PhD student in Political Science. Read more.
PRAISED DOCTORAL DISSERTATION IN CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY
Tobias Otterbring, former PhD student at CTF, today researcher at Aarhus University in Denmark and visiting researcher at CTF, has been awarded the 2018 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award for his doctoral dissertation. Read more.
SEMINAR: PERSPECTIVES ON VALUE CREATION IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR
Welcome to a seminar on value creation in the public sector, September 10th at Karlstad University. The seminar is open and free of charge, but registration before September 5th is required. Program and information.
DISSERTATION IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Caroline Jenning Saul will defend her dissertation "Extending Access: Perspectives on Business Model Innovation in Water and Sanitation Service Provision" on October 4th at 13:00 in room 11D 257. Welcome to watch the defence! More information will shortly be available at ctf.kau.se.
DOCTORAL COURSE: THEORY AND RESEARCH IN MANAGEMENT
Theory and Research in Service Management (7,5 ECTS) gives doctoral students an overview of the evolution and most recent development within service research, and highlights the recent “systems turn” in service research and focuses on a theme of “Service System Transformation”. Last day for application September 27th. Read more.
Here is a selection of our latest publications. All our publications are listed at ctf.kau.se/en.
- Vink, J. (2019) Business Administration, In/visible - Conceptualizing Service Ecosystem Design, Karlstad University Studies, 2019:17
- Myhrén, P. (2019) Business Administration, Open Service Innovation in Industrial Networks, Karlstad University Studies 2019:18.
- Caruelle, D., Gustafsson, A., Shams, P., and Lervik-Olsen, L., (2019) The use of electrodermal activity (EDA) measurement to understand consumer emotions – A literature review and a call for action. Journal of Business Review, Vol. 104, pp. 146-160.
- Friman, M., Maier, R., and Olsson, L.E. (2019) Applying a motivational stage-based approach in order to study a temporary free public transport intervention. Transport Policy, Vol. 81, pp. 173-183.
- Trischler, J., Dietrich, T., and Rundle-Thiele, S. (2019) Co-design: from expert- to user-driven ideas in public service design. Public Management Review, https://doi.org/10.1080/14719037.2019.1619810
- Waygood, E.O.D., Friman, M., Olsson, L. E., & Mitra, R. (Eds.) (2019). Children´s travel and wellbeing. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
CTF newsletter is sent to a mailing list and is published on Mynewsdesk. You can subscribe or unsubscribe, and thus remove your email address from the list here: https://www.kau.se/ctf/newsletter-ctf .