The unique synchronization and the ultra-low delay between the live experience compared to the live stream is hard to describe but must be experienced to fully understand. Viewers were able to access exclusive extras to complement the race, choose which favorite driver to follow and listen to guest speakers and influencers.
“This was a great proof for us to show broadcasters involved and media houses associated, how the future of a digital footprint and a broadcast can live in sync from a live event.”
Fredrik Tumegård, CEO of Net Insight
“The STCC Live app was awesome and the collaboration with technology provider Net Insight and Storyfire, who were responsible for the studio, was fantastic.”
Jonas Lundin, CEO of STCC
“With the STCC Live app we were able to both extend and enhance the whole STCC experience. I look forward to developing this concept further for our coming events.”
Martin Håkansson, CEO of Lagardère Sports Scandinavia
“I think we have proved to broadcasters involved, and media houses associated, how the future of a digital footprint and a broadcast can live in sync from a live event. With this as a full scale POC (Proof Of Concept) we can scale the creative concepts from Storyfire, and the formats around this with the Sye technology from Net Insight, and make this available to a much wider range of rights holders, media houses and broadcasters.”
Tobias Bringholm, founder and CEO of Storyfire
TRAFFIC/STREAMS – SETUP
- Net Insight setup a multi CDN, ultra-low latency solution together with IP-Only and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Traffic was primarily routed through IP Only, and overflow traffic went through AWS.
- The end-to-end solution was faster than broadcast, delivering live feeds to the end users in the STCC Live app only 3,5 seconds after live
- The solution was dimensioned to handle 50,000 concurrent viewers and traffic was being routed through both IP Only and AWS (London and Frankfurt)
- The streams generated were very high quality and the service ran perfectly throughout the entire event
- Ultra-low latency transcoding was done on-premises and provided by AWS Elemental to guarantee high quality output
- 78% of the customers that downloaded the app were active during the event
- The new format included 8 driver cams; two produced feeds from SVT and Storyfire; and two sponsor feeds which were very well received
- We are very excited to break new grounds and give the OTT audience a more complete and immersive racing experience
With this as a full scale POC (Proof of Concept) we can scale the creative concepts and the formats around this with the Sye technology and make this available to a much wider range of rights holders, media houses and broadcasters.
Net Insight's vision is to enable a live and interactive media experience for anyone on earth. Our aim is to lead progress and enable a global media marketplace where live content can be exchanged and interaction among TV audiences can take place in real-time. We want to create the media experience of the future, centered on content.
Net Insight delivers products, software and services for effective, high-quality media transport, coupled with the effective management of resources, all, which creates an enhanced TV experience. Net Insight’s offerings span across the entire media spectrum, starting from TV cameras and TV studios, right through to the TV consumers. Our solutions benefit network operators, and TV and production companies, by lowering total cost of ownership, improving their workflow efficiencies and providing them with the ability to capture new business opportunities.
More than 500 world-class customers run mission critical media services using Net Insight’s solutions, covering more than 60 countries worldwide. Net Insight is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.