To support Sandvik in launching a new 28-day coiled tubing delivery service in China and the Asia Pacific region, Open developed a communications program under the theme of "Sandvik Coiled Tubing - Closer Than You Think." It was a team effort that really involved bringing together sales and marketing experts from the very start. Sales today have increased dramatically!
As part of the campaign, we replaced the mileage on road signs indicating the distances to various destinations across the Asia Pacific region with our promise: 28 days. The campaign was kicked off at a launch event at their state-off-the-art coiled tubing line at the Zhenjiang tube mill near Shanghai.
Here are a few tips that made it a success:
1. Do your homework - strategy first, then tactics
2. Unify around an over-arching promise
3. Get sales and marketing people aligned from the start
4. Communicate internally first
5. Localize the message for online and offline channels
6. Lead with a key pain point, followed by other messaging (hierarchy)
7. Arrange a kick-off and add value with extra training
8. Follow up with thank you and add-on sales