There is a lot going on at PPG right now. It’s a new year, new challenges and new goals. Of course everyone wants to start the year in the best way.
Five quick ones:
· Debateclass has now begun to plan their excursion to Johannesburgh in September. They are going to do some research about women prisoners and learn more about the Soweto history.
· Ray and Malunga has been busy trying to get the passport to the boys who are going to Gothenburg, Gothiacup this summer.
· We have also received two new classrooms in St. Francis School to debate and art class.
· And the garage at PPG has received a face lift. A graffity guy from Athlone helped us get some awsome ”art/picture” on the walls. The garage is for the soccerboys to use as a dressing room. (See picture)
· It´s full house here right now, 16 students from Sweden (attending their last year) at Rosendal High School in Uppsala is here for two weeks. They execute their project class here in cooperation with Project Playground.
The staff has also been showing Langa, for those 16 students who are here. A sleepover was offered to those who were interested, which everyone were. So for one day/night, the students stayed together with the staff from PPG in their home. The aim was to show Langa and give the students an overview of what it is like to live in a township. Some experienced delicacies as chicken feets and sheepheads.
This year is going to be full of new challanges!