The next edition of TEDxMarrakesh will be held on OCTOBER 21 at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort with the theme “Tribes & Trolls - How Digitalization Impacts Our Lives”, focusing on how our lives are impacted by social media, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, block chain, bitcoins and psycho-graphics etc. Where are we standing now and even more important - where are we heading to?
The speakers will be sharing ideas about the benefits as well as the dangers of living in a digitally connected, global world. But also on how we define our world and how we ourselves are being defined. Who are our "real" friends? What do we really "like"? What it means growing up in a digital world for the next generation, etc.
There will be many high profiled and inspirational speakers from all over the world focusing on the topic of digitalization, looking at “Tribes & Trolls” from all kinds of different angles. The speakers will be:
- Alexander Bard (Swedish pop star, author & visionary)
- Yasmina Olfi (Moroccan influencer known as "Fashion Mintea")
- Vanessa Arelle (Mexican culture attaché, Vogue contributor & youth advocate)
- Richard Gutjahr (German journalist & blogger)
- Sohaila Ouffata (Moroccan-German telecommunications & media manager)
- Dave King (British cyber & online reputation expert)
- Erika Ferrer (Swedish Ambassador to Morocco)
- Ayoub Fakir (Moroccan investor in cryptocurrencies & expert on Blockchain & Bitcoin)
- Tamara Littleton (British expert on online communities & online safety)
- Khalid Machchate (Moroccan futuristic technology specialist)
- Regina Mehler (German founder of "Women Speaker Foundation" & "1st Row")
- David Jacoby (Swedish IT security evangelist & technical advisor for many books & movies)
- Amine Harifi (Moroccan financial markets expert)
- Stephan A. Jansen (German expert on Artifical Intelligence & Artifical Ignorance)
A selection of the speakers for TEDxMarrakesh 2017.
There will also be a young Moroccan student on stage who will be selected through a student contest as well as three performers who will entertain between the speeches. They are:
- Mehdi EL Ghaly (A Moroccan storyteller & performing artist)
- Hicham Telmoudi (A famous Moroccan violinist from Marrakech)
- Hind Hakka (A singer with a soul-full hiphop, R&B, reggae sound with Moroccan influences)
Tickets can be bought through the website www.tedxmarrakesh.net och at Cafe Clock, Just Dance Marrakech, BE Riad Marrakech or Riad Anayela in Marrakech.
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design and is an organization founded 1984 in the spirit of spreading good ideas. TED later created a program called TEDx, a program of local, self-organized events that spark discussions and create new thoughts. TEDxMarrakesh mission is to bring people together to share live inspirational speakers and artistic performances mixed with TED-videos. TEDxMarrakesh has produced five successful TEDx-events since 2011 and is part of the global TEDx-conversation of powerful people who believe that spreading ideas can stimulate change!
OFFICIAL PARTNER: Es Saadi Marrakech Resort www.essaadi.com
For tickets and more information: www.tedxmarrakesh.net
For contact and high res. photos: firstname.lastname@example.org | +212 (0) 664 592 062
Red City PR is a full service Communications Agency. We are a global team of senior professionals based in Marrakech. Red City PR is a passionate and results-oriented one-stop-shop for communications committed to building strong brands, creating positive awareness and increasing sales for our clients. We are the go-to English language agency who support international companies entering Morocco as well as Moroccan companies wishing to improve their communications.