- APPIES 2013 attracts the highest number of assessors comprising leading marketers, with 35 coming on board to moderate, judge and award campaigns presented live by 70 campaign creators/presenters.
- APPIES 2013 Advisory Council and Assessors Panel sees representation of marketing heads from across industries such FMCG, Technology, Banking, Airlines, Financial Services and Insurance.
- Rohit Jawa, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing Operations at Unilever, will preside as Chief Judge of APPIES 2013.
- APPIES 2013 to be held on 15 & 16 August at the National University of Singapore Society.
- Organised by the Institute of Advertising Singapore (IAS), APPIES 2013 is supported by SingTel, MediaCorp, Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), MEC and Singapore Press Holdings (SPH).
QUOTE: “Great brand building is an outcome of hard work, collaboration, creativity and generous doses of inspiration. APPIES is the premier platform for sharing and celebrating best of such stories from all over Asia and its unique live “pitch style” format makes it all the more exciting. I am priviledged to be a part of this initiative and to help promote marketing excellence in Asia”.. Rohit Jawa
Singapore, 29 July: APPIES 2013 will host 35 of Asia’s marketing luminaries who will assess integrated marketing campaigns, grill the creators, moderate the stimulating sessions and finally, award the APPIES Gold to just five of the best.
As Asia’s annual festival of the best marketing ideas, APPIES 2013 provides a window to a world of winning ideas that score on creativity, communication and commercial results. Offering the industry a ringside view of what’s new in digital trends, consumer insights and effective storytelling, it enables peers to connect directly with the best in the business.
APPIES 2013 will feature the festival’s USP of live campaign presentations with its innovative
4-6-10 format where campaign creators showcase their work through a 4-minute show reel, followed by a 6-minute exposition of the campaign’s key highlights. This is followed by a
10-minute session where the marketing heads on the assessors/moderators panel quiz the presenter about their campaigns. The audience members can also pose questions to the campaign creators/presenters.
Like the previous years, the 100 shortlisted integrated marketing campaigns to be presented at APPIES 2013 will cover a broad range of six product/service categories that include Consumer Durables, Consumer Services, Food & Beverage, Non-Food FMCG, Business Services and Government, Cultural, Social & Environmental campaigns.
Tasked with selecting the top five campaigns to award the APPIES Gold from the shortlisted entries is the APPIES 2013 Advisory Council, comprising:
- Goh Shu Fen, Principal and Co-Founder of R3 (Chairman)
- Rohit Jawa, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing Operations at Unilever
- Alvin Neo, Chief Marketing Officer at Parkway Health International
- Charmaine Wong-Han, Chief Marketing Officer at Pizza Hut Dine In, Asia Franchise YUM! Restaurant International
- Rene De Monchy, Asst General Manager, Marketing at Asia Pacific Breweries
For a list of the APPIES 2013 Assessor Panel, please visit the website: http://www.appies.asia/appies-2013/appies-assessors
The Institute of Advertising Singapore (IAS) was founded in 1990 with the aim to position Singapore as an internationally recognised “centre of excellence” with world class advertising professionals, international best practices and industry leading creative output. The IAS has several highly successful business platforms for the advertising and marketing communities to meet, collaborate and raise the standards of the industry as well as encourage continuous education. In 2008, the Institute of Advertising conceptualised and launched the successful World Effie Festival (WEF) and the Asia Pacific Effie Awards. The IAS has also organised the Singapore International Advertising Congress since 1998. It is the national organiser for the Singapore Advertising Hall of Fame Awards as well as the Academy of Judges (For Advertising & Marketing Awards), The Academy of Creative Directors and The Annual Wall Poster campaign for Singapore’s Most Influential Creative Directors. It also organised the Effie Singapore Awards, which is recognised worldwide as the gold standard for marketing effectiveness.