Come and join us for an interesting lunch seminar about the ASEAN Climate Change and Energy Project (ACCEPT) which will produce analysis and actionable recommendations for ASEAN energy policies. Mr Indra Øverland, head of the Centre for Energy Research at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) and Professor II at Nord University, will present the project and is interested in receiving views and comments on the planned project implementation from the attending guests.
Mr Øverland’s presentation will be followed by a presentation by DNV GL on their Energy Transition Outlook 2018, and then a Q&A.
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through their Embassy in Jakarta, is supporting this three-year joint project, which will be carried out by the ASEAN Centre for Energy Studies (ACE) in cooperation with NUPI.
Mr Øverland’s presentation will examine the goals of the project:
- Promote coherence and harmonisation of national and regional energy policies in ASEAN.
- Raise awareness about the implications of climate change and sustainable development goals among ASEAN energy experts and policy makers, reduce the silo phenomenon between climate and energy policies and build capacity on the energy-climate policy nexus among energy experts from ASEAN countries.
- Strengthen the ASEAN Centre for Energy Studies’ capacity to fulfil its three roles as a catalyst, a think-tank and a knowledge hub.
- Increase the visibility of ACE both regionally and internationally.
- Strengthen the cooperation between ASEAN and Norway on energy and climate change issues, embodied by cooperation between ACE and NUPI.
Further, DNV GL’s presentation on their Energy Transition Outlook 2018 aim to to serve as a starting point for a discussion on which benefits could be achieved by a harmonisation of policies across the region and focus on:
A regional forecast to 2050
- General overview of policies in the region and what they entail
- Predictions/stats portion of the report
- Implications for stakeholders from an ASEAN perspective
We look forward to seeing you at this thought-provoking event!
Venue: Straits Room, Nordea, 138 Market Street #09-01 CapitaGreen, Singapore 048946
Time: Friday 22 March at 11:45am
Cost: Free for members and $40 for non-members
12.30: Opening remarks
12.35: Presentation by Mr Indra Øverland
13.00: DNV GL's Energy Transition Outlook 2018
13:15 Dialogue/Q&A moderated by Pal Arne Kastmann, Director, Innovation Norway
14:00 Closing remarks
Kindly note that there are limited seats available, that registration is binding and payment non-refundable.