The Norwegian Business Association (Singapore) – NBAS was founded in 1993, with the main objective to provide a forum on an organized and continuing basis for Norwegian organisations and their executives. Close to 200 Norwegian companies are currently established in Singapore. These companies represent one of the highest concentrations of Norwegian business interests in any city in the world outside Norway.
NBAS is a major player in the Norwegian community. NBAS organizes around 15-20 events on an annual basis, ranging from breakfast meetings and networking events to thematic conferences and golf tournaments. NBAS liaises with the “Team Norway” of Singapore, comprising the Royal Norwegian Embassy, Innovation Norway and Norwegian Seafood Council and many of the activities are carried out in close cooperation with them. The NBAS Secretariat also shares office space with the aforementioned. Please see www.nbas.org.sg for more information.
Vacancy: Project Coordinator NBAS Secretariat
We are looking for an extrovert and service-minded person who can conduct herself/himself professionally with any group of people. The Association can offer an exciting job with a variety of work tasks. The successful candidate will get invaluable international work experience and will be able to build a professional and social network.
The tasks of the Secretariat can be sorted into the following categories:
- Event management tasks: organise breakfast/lunch meetings; seminars/conferences; annual events such as Norwegian Seafood Dinner and Peer Gynt Golf Tournament as well as events organised together with “Team Norway”
- Administrative tasks: membership administration, accounting and budgeting
- NBAS Website / Social Media tasks: regular updating, publishing of news articles, maintenance
- Strategy tasks: assist on development of new projects, deputy secretary to the NBAS Committee
NBAS is looking for a person with the following skills:
- Ability to represent the Association in an international context and in international fora
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and service minded
- Excellent command of spoken and written Norwegian and English
- Good computer skills (MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience relating to the above tasks is an advantage.
- Applicants must be permanent residents or hold a dependent pass in Singapore.
- The NBAS Office is closed for Christmas and in July.
- The Coordinator position is on a 40% part time basis with opportunity to extend to 60% or 100% within 1 year of employment.
- Start date: early January
- The role assists and reports to the Executive Director of NBAS Secretariat.
If you are interested, please submit your application and CV by e-mail no later than Wednesday 16th November 2016 to:
Una Skram, Executive Director, NBAS Secretariat
Phone: +65 6622 9100 / +65 9616 0428